Cuda Capers: SHINE!!!!

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I paid a visit to see my car this morning and was pleasantly surprised to see most of it buffed. It still needs to have the roof and quarters done, and a final glaze all over, but you can get a REAL good idea of what I'll have.

Barracuda190-vi.jpg

Yeah.... paint!

Barracuda184-vi.jpg

These pictures don't do the finish justice. The car looks awesome.

Barracuda187-vi.jpg

The radiator support still has to be sprayed Black (and soon I hope...) before the final buffing.

Barracuda187-vi.jpg

Pretty straight, huh?

Barracuda188-vi.jpg

You can see my Wife's GTI just over the wheel opening. The car was parked about 35' away...

Barracuda190-vi.jpg

With the painted steelies and fresh chrome... wow. It's going to be too nice to drive!

Yeah. Right....

WOW!!!

That going to be one sweet looking a-body once you get all the trim back on it!

GREAT WORK!!

really awesome paint. amazing shine. was it single stage or BC/CC?

Awesome John!!! Now get the rest of it together and please don't scratch anything.

It is funny how the pictures never do the car justice.

Jack

daves66valiant said:
was it single stage or BC/CC?
It's PPG base/clear coats.

Coyote Jack said:
Awesome John!!! Now get the rest of it together and please don't scratch anything.
I plan on buying a cheap pair of drapes to line the engine compartment when the motor goes in. EVERYTHING in my garage will be wrapped in pillows and bubble-wrap. Only people I totally trust will help me drag the big chunks into place. I'll do the rest, bit by bit....

Congratulations John. It's been a long time coming, and you've had probably more than your share of set-backs with your car, but it would seem the wait was worth it. The bodywork and paint are beautifully done. Enjoy!! :)

Wow! The body work is sensational. Absolutely straight and the clear is like glass. The GTI shows up like it's a mirror. Very nice. :love4:

Edit: I see a flat bed truck and another car too!

Wow, that looks nice! ...much better than my own tri-color setup...black, rust and somewhere in between.

65Barracuda

beautiful shine! you need to have some kind of robotic anit-bird cannon to stop the little buggers from smudging that beautiful paint.

1966 dart wagon said:
wow that looks freakin sweet, i cant wait to see it all back together, keep us posted

I'll definitely keep you all posted! And as for seeing it all done, that makes two of us....

Love that color John but I gotto say it's far to nice for you. I think you should sell it to me and I'll give it a nice home.

Terry :evil2:

demon seed said:
Love that color John but I gotto say it's far to nice for you. I think you should sell it to me and I'll give it a nice home.

Terry :evil2:

I appreciate you looking out for my best interest Terry, but I think I'll take my chances..... :toothy7:

I think I'll die from envy! Great color, more folks should consider the original colors of their projects first, before looking at other choices. Again congrats!
Bob

Excellent work!!
One of my favorite colors.
Can't wait to see the finished project (I know you can't either).

What color interior will it have?

Jerry

-
Back