Cuda color

-

USCG CHARGER

Reaction score
ok how do you guyz like this color on my 68 cuda
nitro.jpg

it's called sunburst orange...I know it's a nitro but picture a muscle car...

how bout just painting it old skool - flat grey w/ 20" Craigers and sitting low?

interior - blk / wht

it looks pretty good. my step father put that color on his dart a couple of years ago, and it came out looking real nice.

I was going to do my 69 Barracuda Tangerine Pearl coat which is close to that. Its not cheap @ $500 a gallon though.

I would think a gallon would be plenty. Dont forget to add the clear to the bill though.

Don't forget paint is mixed and depending on the system, Dupont Chroma Premier for instance is 1 to 1, so a gallon will get you 2 gallons sprayable. That should be enough even if you do jambs, engine bay etc. Your always better off to have too much than not enough, no guarentees that the next batch you get if you're short is a dead match.

Here's a good idea what it would look like...I just did my car in the 06' Dodge Charger Daytona RT color..."GOMANGO" Its also the same color as "Tangerine Pearlcoat" used on limited run PT Cruisers. I added the black 340 stripe.

bh193.JPG

Damm both of those look way cool...thx for the info guyz!

Jason

MomsR/T said:
oh........ahhhh.........uhhh........I like that.............esp w/ the blk hood!

Isn't that cuda nice? That is going to be a very nice ride when he gets done with it. I love the strip so much that I really want to do the same to my cuda except mine is Sublime.

no.................completely different body

You need to find an A Body stripe you like if you're going to do a stripe IMHO

thats kinda what I was thinking just wanted some input...did you get my last post overthere? LX?

I think the coolest stripe on a A body is the vert. stripe that comes on the Dart. there's now way I could pull that off on my cuda w/out gettin lynched my some MOPAR crazed fan! LOL

USCG CHARGER said:
so if I do paint my Cuda sunburst orange would it be cool to have a black HEMI stripe like this one painted on the back? It would also look good in Silver too. I wouldn't be faking b/c it would have a 5.7L Hemi in her... look at post #17!
http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?p=883580#post883580

That's called billboard strip. It would be easier to put the "hockey stick" than the billboard.

WEll guz I'm at it again! I saw this pic and could help thin kof how bad *** it would be if my car was painted in this direction.....http://img115.imageshack.us/my.php?image=satelliteyn7.gif

I was thinking of doing flat blk on the six pack hood, roof, and trunk, then using a dark pearl blue on the bottom of the two tone! Or should I just paint the hood and 1/2 top of the fender flat black?

This is on the 67 cuda notch back!

Jason

Dammmm thats nice! Did you paint the inside of those grilles blk? I wish you still had some part off that badboy!

USCG CHARGER said:
Dammmm thats nice! Did you paint the inside of those grilles blk? I wish you still had some part off that badboy!

Yes, I repainted the grills black. 69 Grills are a lot different then 67-68. They are all plastic and came either silver or black depending on if the car was a Barracuda, Formula S or Cuda.

I wish I still had some parts off of it too, LOL :blackeye:

-
Back