CUDA DIED...NO SPARK to PLUGS !!

-
Well, I've been laid up for a long time with my back again.........Finally able to get around to some backed up work and get back to the Cuda "no spark" gremlin.............

I bent over the car about a half hour yesterday ('bout killed me) removing the bulkhead connector and cleaning both sides of each terminal.....put it back together, and no difference. No spark.

I additionally rechecked the grounds on the block and ECU with no difference. Being alone here hasn't helped any........my buddy who helps me sometimes had shoulder surgery, so I don't even have someone to turn the stinkin' key for me.

I'm givin' up and sending it over to BT Automotive (the guy that rebuilt the drivetrain) to have him run a full system check for voltages and what not......I tried to get under the dash for a bit to check all the connections from the bulkhead, but my back had other ideas after about 60 seconds.

When they find the problem, I'll post the results. Like I've said, we've tried multiples of everything we can think of......(distributor, ECU, coil, ballast, ignition switch, etc....)..............I'm just at the end of it.

I wish I had the ability and experience of some of you'se guys, but this one is beyond me. Gotta call in some help. :banghead::banghead::banghead:....

Refresh my memory:

Did you check out the coil with a multimeter? You can read across the input leads for a resistance value. It shouldn't be "0", or "open". There should be some resistance there through the coil windings.

Yeah, all the voltages and wire runs were checked today.........

The problem was found in a circuit of the bulkhead connector....it lost connection NOT at the terminal itself, but on the engine bay side harness WIRE crimp......said it may have been redone at one time........wasn't loose......just lost it's connection to it's terminal.......

SO, when I painstakingly cleaned all those contacts the other day (at the expense of my back), it didn't make a difference.......

I started another thread on this so all the guys who chimed in would get a chance to know what it was.

As I state in that thread, I'm ready for a "Painless" harness...........and again, it was 67Dart273 that nailed the problem to begin with (suspected the bulkhead)........Give the man a cigar. :blob:

-
Back