CudaEric Late to Restore & Late To Introduce

-

CudaEric

Reaction score
I found FABO a few months ago and decided that this is a great place for me to be. I have been a Mopar guy since I could drive. I bought my first car from my Dad, a 64 Dart 4 door, slant 6 auto with 160,000 miles, great car, still have it. Over the years it received a 67 Formula S 273 4bbl mildly built, a 64 727 push button with shift kit, 8.75 drop-out with 4.10:1 posi, front and rear sway bars, front disks, radials and such, all wrecking yard parts but functional and fun to drive. Was a daily driver until 96. Did a little bracket racing with it, nothing special just had some fun.

Back in the early 90's a buddy spotted a 67 Barracuda Notchback on a trailer in his neighborhood, he knew I always liked the style and directed me towards it. It was well worn but mostly straight, rust free, and complete except for engine and trans. I made a deal with the owner and had a project car. A bit later our local Pick-A-Part had a Cinco De Mayo day sale where you paid yard entry fee and all parts were $10 plus core fee. I picked up a 360 4 bbl lean burn and 727 from a 78 Chrysler 300 to the sounds of Mariachi music.

Over the last 20 plus years the body, interior, engine etc have been in a state of slow, glacial paced, restoration, rebuild, etc. All hampered by things like marriage, children, two moves, etc. The 360 has received a relatively serious build and I am hoping to be able to report good results sometime. I hope to have it running this year but continue to have reality get in the way.

Look forward to being part of the team.

Welcome to FABO. Great place to be for info on your Cuda.

Post some pics when you get some time..

-
Back