Cummins OER Contact

-

DieWilde13

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
i bought a 92 402 magnum Crate engine from a friend.
He told me he bought the engine brand new and had bad vibrations with it.
He tryd to balance the driveshaft, converter and so on without any succsess.

The engine has now 2 broken pistons. Thats not worse, i will rebuild it.

By my research in the www for that problem, i found this thread in another forum.

http://challenger.mpoli.fi/board/topic-5144

i checked my Connecting Rods and sure they are Eagle crap. But the Block is already notched by the cylinders.

Now i have some stock Magnum Rods with the correct Partnumber and with KB Pistons on it.

I try´d to contact Cummins OER Canada, but i´m not sure if they still work with engines. I just read about them that has to do with Food...

So, does anybody know a contact person or so who i can talk to?
I have serial numbers and Pics and so on.
Just want to see if i can get any balancing information about it or any other datas about this engine.

Thx

Last I heard Cummins OER left Canada. I used to work at the Markham plant and saw it closed and moved to Mexico in 2006/2007. Don't know if Mopar renewed their contract though. All that I knew in the plant moved on to other companies or retired. Cummins OER in Markham was the best place I ever worked at. Treated employees with respect. We were under zero pressure, and were encouraged to report anything that we thought may affect quality. When you work in that environment, the quality of the labour becomes exceptional.

ok, thanks so far.
I hink there is no chance to get any infos.
I will balance the engine anyway.
I know it has been a while, but, I just recalled from my Chrysler mechanic days that the 360 engines were externally balanced, factory required a balance weight on the torque convertor, on non lockup convertor it would go on either side of the drain plug. It has been many years since Cummins OER but I think the stroked LA engines were internally balanced. In that case they would use 318 style torque convertor.

Thanks for the reply anyway.
The Engine is long finished.
I balanced it new and now everything is alright.

-
Back