Curleysparts

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Need to find a middle person here to look over everything. Have someone, if it's possible, whom both could trust and have them look at the parts. Document everything you have on the car, etc. Just my 2 cents. Mike

Volunteering? The uglier this gets the more I think all that I'm doing by sending them to him is putting myself out over $500 and not having anything to use to build new ones.

Or maybe send them to a chassis guy. Is Scotty K of Chubby Kid Street Cars and the man behind X275 class good enough? I have seen him at a spot we street race.

Do I need to waste my time pleading with you to send back the parts? I don't think so. Told you to send them back, you sent the above text message, and I waited for you to make up your mind on whether or not you'd send them to me. It's been a month, and I haven't heard from you. As I mentioned earlier, that deal is off the table and the problem gone, in my opinion. Sorry if that's not what was expected.

Here's the other pic, if it helps you any. I don't care who aligned the car, if they don't understand thread engagement on a heim joint, maybe they shouldn't be messing with suspension parts. You told me you were trying to get 3* of caster, and had the heims threaded out so far because they were too short. The 3* should have been EASILY attainable, and both sets of arms were, I promise you, the same length, as they were built off of the exact same jig. So...how the first set was the only set to be "too short", boggles my mind.
As I promised, if it helps you, here's the other pic I received. I promise I will not comment on any of this any longer...

13131208-7FE1-4964-AB23-D989E22293F0-54985-00004AC776F29411_zpsebac63cc.jpg

So that is a kink in the tube on the control arm you built right? So that seems like end of story, control arm is bent, can be seen in a picture so why does it need to be sent to you? To verify a bend?

I have two sets here and they are slightly different lengths. The first set was silver and not pictured, this set had plenty of room and a very good alignment, they just plain old bent. I spent good money and still had to modify the supplied bushings because they were binding on the heim joints, I also had to buy my own quality heim joints. Basically you sold me some death trap junk and it doesn't bother you to give this quality level and even lower level of customer service. You told me via text that you didn't know what you would do about it. How that level of comfort didn't send me running to the post office I don't know lol

I have no dog in this fight but I am experienced in this sort of thing. Heim joint thread depth is just as important to a control arm as the material used to construct it. if you don't have proper thread engagement you stress the arm further down the shaft. Now am I saying this caused this failure? No, but, it's food for thought. Curley's has done what any performance parts maker would do offered to take the old part and look at what caused the failure, then decide what to do from there. In this day and age of the internet people don't get to walk away from something like this, because you can follow them everywhere. I think the best solution to the situation would be for Curley's to get the arm back in his hands so he can figure out what really happened. I work in the collision area and we see arms bend like that every day after accidents. I would personally like to see the alignment spec sheet before and after and where the cam bolts where in the control arm upper mounts.

Been a year. He's never wanted to do anything about it and to no surprise did not answer this mornings call. I don't have a spec sheet. Thread depth was only an issue with the first set. Second set was much better. Had there been an offer of what would have been done if I had sent them I may have done it but simply an "I don't know" doesn't cut it for me.

For those who thought wrong side, these were stamped before powder coating.

Perhaps it is time to come to an agreement......that you guys are going to agree to disagree and just MOVE ON! This thread is starting to remind me of what it was like living with my Ex.......

Perhaps it is time to come to an agreement......that you guys are going to agree to disagree and just MOVE ON! This thread is starting to remind me of what it was like living with my Ex.......

Phones have to have two people to work properly. I have to wonder if there's a reason (other then not liking mopar people) that he doesn't offer these parts anymore.

Phones have to have two people to work properly. I have to wonder if there's a reason (other then not liking mopar people) that he doesn't offer these parts anymore.

My guess, and this is jut a guess having nothing to do with your mishap.....and this probably applies to a few other folks that I know of.....is perhaps he got tired of hearing everybody do nothing but ***** about the price of stuff. Everybody like to get paid for what they do....and paid well enough to cover there overhead and perhaps put some food on the table. Damn near time some one offers a product to us thru this site the pissing and moaning starts about the $$ end of it. The fellow that builds top notch headers comes readily to mind. Are his headers more than TTI's? Sure they are.....But they are also stainless, have merge headers and are built specifically for your car.

One thing that has become very apparent from being on this site for a few years is there are a lot of folks who feel that we are getting gouged on parts prices compared to Chebby folks. Not saying we are not....but what I am saying is if anyone can produce QUALITY parts for our beloved cars and do it for less than what .......is charging than why don't they?

Sorry for getting off the beaten trail a bit. I do agree that phones are designed to work both ways. One thing that does indeed infuriate me is when a company has a phone number/email address on there site and NEVER calls you back. General rule is I wait a day to hear back, some folks only deal with the phone before or after they have gotten there days work done. I recently had a problem with a part on my bike, after the 9th email I have given up on getting a response. I do indeed feel Like I have gotten hosed, but I am not going to sit here and rant about it, I am going to just write them off and use a different product when it comes time to rewire the bike....

Again, I apologize for the length and getting off the beaten trail....Best of luck in getting your issue resolved....

From the outside lookin in, it sounds to me like the ball was clearly put in your court when you were asked to send the parts back. You did not. You dropped the ball.

From the outside lookin in, it sounds to me like the ball was clearly put in your court when you were asked to send the parts back. You did not. You dropped the ball.

I can see where you would get that impression. But when he says send them to me and I ask what are you prepared to do about it? And his answer is I don't know. That's kind of a red flag to me. Could have given some idea or at least carried on conversation and come to a resolution that satisfied both parties. Is this a statement you can agree with?

you should sent the damaged arm back for him to look at. That way he could make a evaluation of the part to possibly figure out what caused the failure. It could be a bad batch of tubing that had some thin spots in that area. what did you expect him to say? I will put one in the mail free of charge not knowing what happen to this one and have you cry about the replacement arm bending also. I haven't heard any bad feed back on him and his parts. don't understand why you wouldn't send the arm back to him, the arm is usless to you so what would you have lost by doing so except maybe $10.00 in shipping. he may have replaced the arm at no cost, but now you have nothing.

I can see where you would get that impression. But when he says send them to me and I ask what are you prepared to do about it? And his answer is I don't know. That's kind of a red flag to me. Could have given some idea or at least carried on conversation and come to a resolution that satisfied both parties. Is this a statement you can agree with?

You didn't send them to give him a chance. You were given a choice. You didn't send them back. Now you'll never know.

You didn't send them to give him a chance. You were given a choice. You didn't send them back. Now you'll never know.

I can make some. J
He doesn't make them anymore so new ones were out of the question. Having experienced how he handles issues it seemed like snowballs chance in hell from the get go. It's not out of the question to propose an offer pending on what problem is found. That was apparently to much to ask.

I think it's too much to ask of anyone. Trust is a two way street. You mightta beat the snot outta them with a sledge hammer. How the hell does he know unless he has them to inspect. Have you always been this thick, or did it happen overnight?

Look, I'm not taking sides here. Like somebody else said here......I haven't a dog in the hunt, but you did ask for opinions. The bottom line WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT is that the seller asked for them to be returned so he could see them and make a decision. ANY seller would have done the same. Just because you suffer from Vietnam mind games and paranoia doesn't mean he was not going to make it right. He might have. Now you'll never know, because you weren't smart enough to send them back like everyone else here would have done. You get no sympathy from me because the door WAS opened for you and you slammed it shut. YOUR FAULT. Over and done. Case CLOSED. That was pretty stupid.

Amen.......:argue:

If you haven't been able to resolve this in a years time, I'm not sure what more can be done here? I don't know any merchants that will issue any kind of a refund without having the item returned first.

Both parties have had their say & need to move on please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back