-
Status
Not open for further replies.

340-4spd

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
$6,000 firm. That is maybe half what I have in it. Located in Frederick, CO. Only reason I'm selling is no place to keep it any more. Hoping it sells before getting bashed in a hailstorm, or I end up renting a storage space for it, come winter.

Link to all the pics:

http://stuff.is-a-geek.net/PhotoAlbum/Cars/Duster.htm

duster_49a.jpg

Forged crank 340, long tail shaft 727, Holley 650DP, 3.73 gears in a custom tubed and braced 8.75 w/Yukon axles and Powertrax locker. Welded in frame connectors, SS springs, Caltracs, AAR-style rear sway bar, 1.1" front sway bar. Lokar shifter and kickdown. Battery in trunk, custom installs for filters and coolers on everything. Many other new, near-new or custom made parts, too many to list.

Car runs strong, needs finish body, paint and interior re-done to be a really nice car. I have the full 4-speed setup (pedals installed) to go with it including a near-new Southbend DXD street-strip clutch I took out for the auto swap after the A-833 needed rebuilt. Has the manual column installed.

I know all the work is good because I did it myself and would drive the car anywhere (if it got better than 15mpg!). First thing I did to it was gut the interior and weld up a few rust issues in the rockers, trunk and floor. No rust, the car is solid as a rock. Has a few dents and dings from just working on it over the years. Giving it away for $6k, because I know I'll never get back what I have in it, and can't see investing in a good paint job and interior to finish it right, considering I have no place to keep it. Wife's new car shoved it out in the street!

See this link at Allpar for more discussion already taking place on the car:

http://www.allpar.com/forums/topic/150342-custom-74-duster-with-340727-in-frederick-co/

Nice car !
What's the catch here ?
It has a small rear seal leak and the wiper needs the connecting arm attached. There, you got me!

No catch, just needs a new home. I really don't want to sell it, but it's not a daily driver, kids can't or won't drive it, and no room to keep it any more.

Like I said, I'll keep it in storage if I have to.

First $6k takes it.

Any interior pictures? Can you describe what the interior needs?

On body and paint work, how much metal repair does the body need, i.e. dings, dents, bruises, etc.?

Any electrical gremlins?

The interior is just old/original. the seats need recovered, headliner, stuff like that. You can get a pretty good idea of the interior condition from these 2 pics:

http://stuff.is-a-geek.net/PhotoAlbum/Cars/Pics/duster_09.jpg
http://stuff.is-a-geek.net/PhotoAlbum/Cars/Pics/duster_22.jpg

The body requires NO metal work, just paint prep-type work. The worst things on the body are a couple of dings in the roof where it got raised too high on the lift one day and some dimples in the hood where it got closed on a wrench. The plastic piece between the rear bumper is melted a bit from welding too close to it on the driver side. All really minor stuff.

Electrical is one of the good points. As I said, the battery has been relocated and I did alot of work related to that re-wiring stuff. Amp meter is bypassed, new mini-starter, new fused alternator main feed, etc.

I should also mention I have quite a few parts that can go with it. The A/C lines, compressor, and condensor is available. 8.75 parts to build another gearset, misc body trim, some magnum exhaust manifolds, and other stuff the new owener can look at and decide if they want it.

So nobody in the market for a good running Duster with a super heavy duty race-ready chassis?

It's built for a big block if you really want to get serious with it.

Somebody has got to want this car. Check out this pic of the rear chassis. Is that one stout-looking business end of an A-bod, or what?!

duster_23a.jpg

Questions about the interior seems to be a common theme in the phone calls I've been getting. I posted some new pics to the web page showing more details on that topic yesterday. The carpet was replaced when I did the floors (including a welded-in stud for that tach) and the rest of it is all there, with a new (few years old) dash pad. The seats are going to need redone sooner or later, hence sheepskins on the front buckets. It's not really bad, fine for a driver, IMHO.

This car has been garaged since I started working on it 6 years ago. It was banished to it's parking spot street-side only a couple months ago when I started trying to sell it. Have a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back