Custom Door Panels

Would you buy a set?

• Total voters
-

Ptdartfreak

Mopar freak
Reaction score
Well this is what I made. Took two days and i made them for a 67 dart i think they would also fit a 72 and in between as long as its a dart.

Question is Would you buy a set? And if so how much would you pay. I have leftover material and could easily make another.

What i dont have is extra emblems that part would be up to you.

downsized_0504001651.jpg

downsized_0504001652.jpg

Depends. What are they made of and covered with? Well-made fiberboard panels w/ foam and high quality vinyl would be worth something. Recovering the factory cardboard probably not.

They look nice but I wouldn't buy a set for my Dart.

Are you looking at getting into the business of making custom door panels, or is this a one time thing?

Why I ask is, my mom for my Birthday/Christmas present redid the seats in my Dart. She did a special stitch so it says 'DODGE Dart' in the seats (pretty cool looking). Once I add power windows to my car, I'm gonna have her redo my door panels in the same method ( I'd add pictures but my wife has my camera right now).

I think if you have more flexibility in patterns, you'll be able to sell a lot more.

Just my $0.02.

it was just a thought its new board that i just cut i did not recover the old cardboard

its a nice fabric as well but its not vynal

i do have a bit of patting between it as well

if i needed panels and couldnt find decent a factory set then i would make my own. i enjoy making stuff for my car when i can. even if other people dont like it, i can at least say i did it myself.

Just made a set like that for my Dart. All four panels, rear shelf & back seat divider made from ABS cost me less that $65.00, so I don't think there'd be much of a market......

if you have the extra material maby cut them out and leave them raw and sell them. wont really make money probably but u can recoup the money on materials

-
Back