Custom hood

-

The_night_rider

Sheriff of Rockridge
Reaction score
Anyone ever cut like a Charger hood or Challenger hood up and mount the intakes/indentations onto your stock a-body hood?

Pics?

I know that there is a barracuda resto and his hood has a 70 Challenger hood graft, and Mr. Norm's Damon has one too.

I seem to recall a 67-69 Barracuda with a 72-74 type Barracuda double scoop grafted onto it somewhere on the site. Maybe I'm remembering wrong, it's late.

It's beatiful car man.

For my restomod I always look to second gen cudas and e bodies.

Plus the odd 69 charger.

I love my 65 cuda don't get me wrong, they just don't get the proper respect. I hardly see them ever in magazines. That's why I love it here. A lot of inspiration on this board for my car.

Not much online about hood grafting.

Mine was not necessarily done "right" but it works. I didn't do the initial graft, but I did have to clean it up and re-putty it in the process of getting the car ready for paint. Rick and I sandblasted the welds to make sure no rust was present and then I laid a skim coat of filler over the welds to cover them. I then used body glaze to cover the filler and give the seams a seamless look. Without knowing where the welds are, you can not tell. You can see in the progress pics what we started with and what we've ended up with. :)

Here's the TimeMachines/Mr Norm's demon w/ a grafted 09 Challenger hood

5594004-DemonHood.jpg

A custom version of the twin scoop look for a 71 Dart (which is a ton of work)......And a Duster w/ a shaker

darthood.jpg

000_0018.jpg

000_0017.jpg

That shaker is friggin sweet!

I would love to do something like that for whatever my next project is.

Right now I have my heart set on the look of a '69 Charger hood on my '65 Barracuda.

But, after the 'cuda I would love to do a '65 Dart, or even another 'cuda and just keep doing restomods.

This is like the greatest hobby!

Like this;

510_3355_topnbottom_web.jpg

-
Back