-
Status
Not open for further replies.

MidnightSwinger

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Contact seller
I got these with a shortened housing from a fellow FABO member. They wouldn’t work with that housing because they were too long so I ordered new axles.

These are 30 spline have the newer style green bearings, and 3 in studs. They are used, and they have some signs of wear and surface rust from sitting. I made sure to hit them with wd40 periodically to keep the rust at bay while I still lived in WA.

Overall length from outside of flange to end of splines is just shy of 26.5”, they would be perfect for 49” housing(approximately).

$100 plus shipping from Woodland CA 95695, I’ve got them packed up in the box my axles came in. Nice and secure.

IMG_3462.jpeg

IMG_3460.jpeg

IMG_3411.jpeg

Last edited:
Are you certain that these axles will fit in a 49 inch housing....I really want them but need to know it they will work in my housing and 489 chunk

Are you certain that these axles will fit in a 49 inch housing....I really want them but need to know it they will work in my housing and 489 chunk
Here is a snap shot from the doctorDiff axle calculator. Looks like for a 49” housing you want 26.275” axles. These axles are just a little longer than that, I imagine they should work just fine. If you have a cone type suregrip you might want to remove the thrust button.

They will definitely work with your 489 case, that’s what they were paired with originally.

DoctorDiff Housing/Axle Calculator

IMG_3470.png

Last edited:
Give me about a day to talk to my machinist..Will see about him cutting them down to 26.275....

Cutting an axle down isn't a big deal. They even sell "cut-to-fit" axles for that purpose. A minute with an angle grinder will do it perfectly. Just have to remember to put a light chamfer on the end.

@Mtrhead is still first in line, I’ve given him time to make sure they will work for him. As soon as he decides if he wants them or not I’ll update everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back