custom made door panels

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
My org door panels are shot,and dont want to spend lots of dollars for new ones.So I was thinking last night wile drinking Mikes hard lemonaide why knot make my own ,the boards are still very good.Thought is buy some marine vinyl, 1/2 foam glue it to the vinyl than come up with a stright stich design.I would have to take it to someone to do the stitching than install it to the old boards.What do you all think,has anyone here done this.I am not into a perfect factory looking car if you know what i mean Vern.Thanks sober now so I am still on to this idea.Cheerssssssssssssss

Here is a thread from a while back that shows what I did on mine. I chose not to stich mine because the vinyl that I bought was a little more streichy than I thought it was going to be. I think I mentioned that in the thread though. It wasn't that hard but it did take a little time.

Here is the link:

DOOR PANEL THREAD

Richie-O, those door panels look fantastic! I never saw that original thread. VERY nice.

George

BigRichieO,

Fantastic job (thread). For those of us not interested in paying #s matching $, this is a great idea/alternative.

I plan on doing a custom dash frame cluster in my Dart GT. I have purchased (but have not received yet) a clapped out dash pad. I am planning on re-covering it the way you did your door panels (adding a thin layer of foam, and gluing on some black vinyl). I figure for about $20 in material & $35 for the dash pad core, it would be worth a shot. If all else fails then I can go to just dashes.

-
Back