-
Status
Not open for further replies.

72DMag

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Contact seller
Building a 72 duster drag car. Looking to do either fender exit headers or fenderwall headers. Problem is that this is for a small block engine. Chassis headers are readily available but does anyone have any custom fender exit headers or old school fenderwell headers for a later a body they'd like to sell?? Thanks!

I "THINK" Hooker made them way back when and I called to ask about them. They"CAN", but...either it was an order for so many or huge dollars to make one set. Look up Tubular Automotive on the east coast, maybe they still list them. Got a new set of under chassis JR headers...small tubes though.

@abdywgn Yeah I contacted them and they wanted a TTI price to make the fenderwell headers. Don't really want to spend that much money. Looking for something closer to $500 not $850 plus tax.

I've seen the JR headers. Wish I snatched up on a pair of those back in the day.

@abdywgn Yeah I contacted them and they wanted a TTI price to make the fenderwell headers. Don't really want to spend that much money. Looking for something closer to $500 not $850 plus tax.

I've seen the JR headers. Wish I snatched up on a pair of those back in the day.
Do what I have done in the past. Buy the small block header flanges from speedway and cut the flange off a dime a dozen small block Chevy header and reflange.

@Nosrettaw Is it really that simple? You don't run into an clearance issues or need further mods since this is going into a mopar later a body?

Summit sells them. They ain't cheap.

@Nosrettaw Is it really that simple? You don't run into an clearance issues or need further mods since this is going into a mopar later a body?
I usually try to matchup a car similar to what I am working on. Like my Dart I reflanged a set of up and forward turbo headers for a 1965 Malibu, but we have made headers for a 1969 Barracuda from 1966-67 Nova II
Do your self a favor if you can the last turbo headers I made I bought the stainless flanges from stainlessheaders.com in Minnesota. They have the stubs for SBM you can buy with the flanges. They have steel or stainless steel. Making a round pipe go in a mopar flange is a PITA...

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back