custom pistons

-

dartswinger84

Reaction score
Building 430 stroker and i go with x-block 4.08" bore, molnar 4.125" crank,6.125" molnar sb chevy rods and indy 360-1 heads. First i think i can find shelf pistons for this combo, but now it looks that i buy custom pistons. But what brand you guys use, or is there any differences between manufacturers, quality, price etc. etc
Pistons what i need is basic forged flat tops or dish tops, 1.400"ch, chevy .0927"pins, bigger valve reliefs,10,5-10,8:1 cr.
This is first time when i need custom pistons, so let me know everyhting important.,yes yes, no no's.
Ross, diamond, probe, je, racetech?, cp, or something else :burnout:

I used JE when I had mine made. The only reason was because I have a friend who is a dealer and I got a good deal on them. Diamond and CP are known to have high quality products. I have no idea what the cost difference is between manufacturers though.

I have used both JE and Diamond in my motors...both are very light, good quality pistons.

Ok, thanks for replys, i have used diamond and kb pistons in my earlier strokers, so i think i go with diamonds. How about piston options, i mean gas ports and piston skirt coatings for example, i think i dont need them but.......? It is a street car, but maybe sometimes i go to track too..

I use JE box skirt piston, 10 gas ports and I had them move the ring lands down and further apart for spray, total seal rings with gapless top. The box type piston is super strong and worth the little extra money

-
Back