Custom Seat Brackets?

-

Drg racr

Reaction score
Has anyone put custom seats in their A-bodies? I have a nice pair of buckets out of a ford Explorer and am thinking of putting them in my '69 cuda. I'd like to use the original holes in the floor and reinforce them with steel plate. I'd like to know how others have made their custom seat brackets? It's a drag car, so fixed brackets are ok.
Why am I putting Ford seats in my Mopar? I do have a set of '69 Dart buckets, but they are rough so I thought I could use these.

A bunch of us have, and as an example these are Ricaro Sports out of a BMW 3 series recovered in two tone specifically for this car.

The brackets we made out of 1x1 structural steel box and mounted the sliders of the BMW seat on top of it.
The BMW seats are made for a flat floor, so the brakets took a little work. :)

I should add, good luck using your original holes if you do anything other than what was in it.
You can however, use short "stove bolts" from the inside with a nylock nut underneath to plug the original holes.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 290
  • 2a.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 257
I used a set of buckets out of a 71 Capri that damn near was a bolt in except for the back bolts needed to be raised on a couple of 1" blocks

-
Back