custom stall converters for PB904 ?

-

lilredridinghoo

Reaction score
hi boys...

tried to use the "forum search" function but did not found proper answers

my question will be:

does anyone know, whether there is a shop/company building custom-stall-converters for a 65 PB-904 ?

i tried the way with using a /6 converter to add a little stall - and ended up with 1800-1900 (footbrake-test today)

but my cam (compcam XE274) was recommended with 2200-2400

so i´m just looking around to get a custom made converter

any input appreciated

thanks

Anyone who builds converters to specification can do this. There isn't a difference in converters for cable-shift ("Pushbutton", pre-1966) vs. rod-shift ('66-up) Torqueflites; the difference is between small-hub and large-hub converters. Simply specify you need a small-hub converter for a 1965 Torqueflite, and your desired stall speed, and you'll get what you need.

thanks - slantsixdan

what company would you recommend...

(i´m asking coz i only found converters for later 904 Torqueflites, when searching thru the WWW.)

as far as i know they also have a different spline shaft, or ?

thanks ... just forgot to mention that i´m running a 1969 318 packed in front of the PB-trans... so i would need a converter with the bigger snout and the smaller splines to get everything connected...

A large-hub torque converter does not fit a Torqueflite originally equipped with a small-hub torque converter. You need either a custom converter built with the splines to suit the earlier transmission but the large snout, or a small-hub torque converter plus a 3.175mm annular adaptor ring to take up the space between the small torque converter hub and the large crankshaft counterbore. The spacer ring can be obtained from Pat Blais, accessible via his eBay store.

thanx Dan... i know TFPatty well, bought some parts in the past ...

conc. the adaptor ring, the last one was made by a local machine shop, which costs me about 140 Euro ~ 100 USD

-
Back