custom tune

-

D-rock

Reaction score
What all is involved when getting a pcm "custom tuned?" I know the rear o2 sensors are disabled. Anything else? such as factory antitheft, etc? If I change cams and such in my 5.7 do I need to let whoever does the tune know everything I'm running? Can a dealer do the tune or do I have to send it to someone?

Thanks

there are a few options for a tune. but you really need to know what PCM you have. the dealer might have the ability to tune, but good luck finding a compitant tech that can do it. you could get a diablo Predator, and it will allow for custom tuning. Inertia Motorsports offers tuning options. if you plan on leaving the motor stock you could look at superchips, but who drops a hemi in a vintage car to keep it stock? the other option on diablo is to look for someone local that has the CMR softwere to tune modern mopars and they can dyno tune it for you. (good luck there though as all of phoenix has one CMR tuner and custom cars are part of life here)

I had a custom tune done for my Silverado. I used BlackBear performance. I am VERY happy with their work.

I can tell you that 99.9% of all dealers know nothing about custom tuning. In fact, most want to flash the chip when you go in for maintenance...Be careful.

My advice is to find a group like FABO for your vehicle (or for the computer in your vehicle) and see who they use for custom tuning. Also, a custom tune will always be able to access more parameters than a hand held tuner.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
OldMoparsRule!

thanks guys!!..i'll look into this. So tuners such as the diablo will allow me to disable all the stuff i don't need in the computer?

Diablosport CMR is the premier custom tuning platform for Hemi's.
You'll need a Diablo Sport Predator(~$330) or Trinty(~$600) and then custom or DS canned tunes can be flashed to your PCM. The tools can adjust WOT fuel, timing, rev limiter,MDS, ect. Rear O2 deactivation requires a custom tune.

btw, I just tried turning off the factory antitheft on a SRT-4 and it didn't work.

Hit up Aaron at TruDynoSports for prices and optinos.
[email protected]

-
Back