custom welding cart

-

slantscamp

Reaction score
hey guys. i just wanted to share my welding cart that i finally finished today. when i first got my welder, i went to the store to buy a cart. but all i found were cheesy carts made in china that cost about 100 bucks. so i said screw that, i will just make something. then i got the idea to use an old wagon. i found this wagon at an antique shop for about 40 bucks. it was in pretty rough shape, so i pulled it all apart, blasted it and painted it. i even found reproduction decals at speedway motors. then i just had to make a rack to hold the welder and tank. im sure i have spent at least 100 dollars on this, but i like it better because its unique, works great and it was made here.

Attachments

• PA100086.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 2,852
  • P1030244.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 6,519
  • P1030245.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 1,511
Thats very neat, you might want to put some rubber stuff on the handle so it doesn't fall over and scratch that nice car. Or maybe a spring? Still cool.

Good job my frined and long time no hear! How is the wagon running?

I've got the Deluxe model, Ha HA

164698_1794197858993_1361076797_2010471_4901555_n.jpg

Nice job on the wagon restore! The welder is a little to low for my liking but I really need to make up a cart too for my welder. I guess the height really depends on the welding job your doing if your under the car might suck if the welder is 30" high.

hey needsaresto. the wagon was running great until i tore it apart to do a bunch of stuff this winter.

nice cart yooper. that is a deluxe version. it would have been nice to have a little bit larger wagon.

hey zhandfull. all my welding so far has been on floorpans. i didnt think about the height thing because of that. when im laying under the car its just about right though hehe.

Cool use of the wagon.

Maybe whip up a frame to raise the welder a bit. I bet getting the side door open doesn't really work well.

I like to modify ABBANDONED shopping carts for mine.

My current one holds my Gas cutting tanks,argon tank and mig welder

Funny you should say that. I recocvered one abandoned cart from the middle of my street one night. Just sitting waiting for some guy to plow into it so I grabbed it. No markings to say whom it belongs to,so I claim the right iof salvaged crap,lol!

If you have pics of your cart please post em up! I'd like to see what you've done.I need a firm idea of how to convert this one. I have a longer handle from an air tank I plan on using,lot's of angle iron etc etc. It sure as heck wont look like a shopping cart when Im done!!

Very nice! I got one that I restored and put the Mopar preformance
decals on it. Put a long handle on it. I use it at swap meets. Going to
put some larger tires on it. They are on sale at HarborFreight now.
$3.99 each. It should pull alot better.

Cool use of the wagon.

Maybe whip up a frame to raise the welder a bit. I bet getting the side door open doesn't really work well.

I was wondering about getting in the side door myself.

the only bummer is i have to lift the welder up to open the side door. but i dont have to do that too often, only to change wire really. i have a spare chart of settings and i was thinking of getting it laminated and i could just set it in the cart next to the welder.

-
Back