Custom Windows

-

Cerwin

Reaction score
Heres something for the taking,

I'm thinking of making the windows in my 66 electric.. instead of the manual i currently reside with.

Has anyone attempted this? Know of anyone that has done or thought of this.. im looking for instructions and the homework someone else did to help me get on the right foot.. like what i could get the tracks from.. or what i will need to know when fabing something up.. im really into this idea and think it will be kinda cool. a nice little mod. Mainly to clean up my door panel, as im mocking up some new door skins and i really only want the door handle (which i will custom design aswell) and speakers in them.

anyone got any input??
i could use the help.

Cerwin

There's acompany that sells power window kits now. Can't think of the name, but I do know that they have them for later a-bodies, don't know about the earlier ones. Sorry I don't have the name.

don

I am also working on power windows. But I'm Po! So I am building my system up from wrecking yard stuff. But I am keeping my window handles. They will operate the switches for that window. But there will be a master switch for the others available from up front.

Here is a link for that company. They are also available thru summit racing.
http://www.electric-life.com/main.asp

thanks for that link 64dart.

they have it all there. im going to go the junk yard route tho like yourself, i can easily just make them, i just need to know where to start. and i kind of have an idea now.

Cerwin

I came across a car that has similar system to another companies aftermarket setup. It is a cable operated system. It was in a Mitsubishi 4dr. And I was able to pick one up with window guide motor etc for $15. Just to cut up and try out.

hmm
yr model?

Howd that turn out?
i think i will spend the weekend in the junk yard looking around?

Did you finish yours yet? your windows i mean, or are you still tinkering with the idea? or are you still on the windows?

Don't remember the year but it was a mitsubishi diamante. It uses a single track in the center of the window, and uses the regular window guides not the regulator. I got the idea from a vendor at a GoodGuys Show. After looking at it, it had oem parts with mitsu markings. So I yanked alot of door panels off till I saw it. I am going to have to shorten the track as my doors are shorter than the donor.

-
Back