Customizing a rally dash

Should I keep going with this dash

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-

dartcuda1

67 Barracuda 500ci 6sp
Reaction score
I am starting to do my dash.What do you guys think.This is the phantom speedometer and if it looks ok I will do the tach in the other big hole.I don,t know what to do with the middle hole{ suggestens please.Maybe fuel gauge? After I am done cutting the holes and getting everything to fit,I am going to have the bezel redone. Mark

DSC00006.JPG

DSC0020.jpg

DSC0021.jpg

Looks good
what are you doing for a speedo cable?
or is it an electric speedo

thank you
George

As long as you're not cutting up anything that isn't reproduced, it's all good. I would go with an oil pressure or water temp gauge in the center. Those are a lot more vital than a fuel gauge.

I put the fuel gauge in the center, attached are a couple pics of my converted ralley dash.

dash pics 001.jpg

dash pics 005.jpg

dartcuda1 - that dash is looking very good. Keep at it. Add the tach and in the center I'd put the oil pressure gauge. To the right of the tach I'd put the water temp, amp or volt gauge and then the fuel gauge.

kocuda - your dash looks awesome. That's what I'd like to do with the ralley dash in my Demon. Did you add some tubes to fit the gauges on the right? Any pics from the backside?

Wylde1.

Heres a couple more pics. I kept the cast part of the dash cluster, and used a band saw to remove the rear back of it so I still maintained some structual integrity. The gauges on the right were mounted with off set gauge spacers on a piece of aluminumn I fabed and attached to the face of the dash.

P5110003.jpg

P5130001.jpg

Hi Mark, looks good, but I would be hesitant on cutting anything that is a one year only. What about getting an aftermarket inst bezel? There was a thread on here somewhere about a company that does them...Redline maybe?? I cant remember. That way things can be reversed later on if need be. My .02

My speedo is electric, which required in stalling a transducer on the transmisson, pretty easy to do.

what year is your dart? will that rallye dash fit my 69? i'd like to do something similar to that one day.

Mullinax95 who make those clusters and what color do they glow at night?

I like the idea! I'm thinking of customizing My Chevy P/U gauges now

This is what I did initially..... but I want to change it back to a chromed bezel. This is painted.
DASH6-vi.jpg

-
Back