Cution! Newbie!

-

360DartGT66

Not a 360 anymore
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

Just a few days ago I rolled my '66 Dart GT HT into my garage. I'm so thrilled! The previous owner has done all the work fixing the rust and getting a prepped 360 and 727 and 8-3/4" rear end in place. All I need to do is give it the finishing touch before painting it and then putting all the stuff back on.

Pretty much finished. :D

Was googeling my intake manifold when I stumbled across this forum. Sounded like just the place to start for a rookie mopar owner like me.

Located in Sweden and the car was originally sold here, too.

Good to be here!

/Anders

Thanks! Sure!

Attachments

• Foto 2015-05-31 12 37 44.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 152
  • Foto 2015-05-31 12 42 09.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 151
  • Foto 2015-05-31 20 24 56.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 135
  • Foto 2015-05-31 13 20 44.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 138
Thanks!

Yeah, and it seems the work done is pretty solid. All the trim is there, too. Including a brand new original dash panel for the original radio. New in carton. And an electronic ignition system.

Not sure where to start though. I want to get it painted before I do much else, of course, but since the engine has never run after being rebulit, I'm a little eager to get it running to make sure everything's ok.

I would decide if leaving the engine compartment CHEV black or paint it body color ?? then I would get it running and see what I have eng trans wise.
looks like you bought a great car to finish. welcome aboard Swede!!

Thanks!
Yeah, I'm not sure about the black. The trunk is black, too. Brand new paint job, just dirty in the picture. It's been sitting for a few years.
Still trying to figure out whether to make it Roadkill or showroom.

Welcome to FABO! Early a bodies are the best! :)
Keep us updated as you do your build!

Looks like your project is coming along! Welcome to the group!

Welcome to the site, good to have you, and even better that the car will be completed! If it means anything I vote for painting the engine compartment and trunk both body color - but that is only my opinion.

good to have you, take your budget and throw it right out the window, and have fun

Ha ha! Thanks, wade!

And yes, d55dave, I'm pretty certain by now that I will re-paint both engine bay and trunk.

I'm also getting pretty certain I will go for a street look. Leave some of the chrome in the garage and paint it yellow or Omaha Orange. But maybe that's blasphemy.

Welcome aboard. I Love the car!! cant wait to see some paint on it. I also would say paint the engine compartment and trunk body color. whatever you choose is gonna look Great!!

-
Back