CVF racing A/C bracket question

-

65barracudaLA

Reaction score
So I bought the CVF racing a/c bracket to mount my Sanden compressor on my small block with '70-up timing cover/ water pump. Their instructions are not very detailed and when I asked customer support a question, they sent me this photo. I have a stock alternator bracket, no power steering, but I have a CVF dual crank pulley.

It appears that the bracket won't work unless you get their alternator bracket as well, which I don't want ($$$ and I don't like the way the look.

Did anyone install the CVF a/c bracket with V-belt and no power steering? Some photos would be very helpful!

Thank you!

unnamed.png

I don't have their AC setup and my engine is still on the stand but I do have their water pump and crank brackets. I believe I wound up having to shim the alternator further out (away from the block) to get it to align with the water pump and crank pulleys.

Took a couple of thick washers between the water pump and alternator bracket to push the bracket out away from the block. The stock bolts no longer reached so I just picked a couple up at Home Depot that were cheap. It also required a longer bolt for the alternator pivot to head attachment. I wound up cutting more threads on an old sway bar bolt to make that one work.

I'm guessing their AC bracket aligns with the crank bracket just fine so it sounds like you may just need to shim your alternator a little further out.

wow, they sure hoist that compressor way up in the air!!! The Bouchillon brackets that came with my Classic Auto Air set up set the compressor low (I had to grind a bit on the thermostat housing to get it in place). That set up uses factory AC lower alternator bracket, crank and water pump pulleys. Maybe you could use the AC lower alternator bracket and then shim the upper mount to fit that location

IMG_4566.JPG

IMG_4575.JPG

\
IMG_4576.JPG

-
Back