CVF Racing serpentine conversion kit

-

AirForceRacer

Mopar or No Car
Reaction score
I'm trying to free up some space in my engine bay while retaining the power steering. I'm looking at the CVF Racing serpentine conversion system and from the pictures it looks like the power steering pump moves vertically in the engine bay. Can anyone confirm this and if so how much? Also are the new pullies (water pump / PS pump) thinner or smaller in diameter?

I am trying to run a bigger e fan and I'm running into clearance issues with the water pump pully, PS pully hitting the

PXL_20230930_044330394.jpg
cold side into my A2W intercooler.

As always thanks in advance.

B-360-SERPENTINE-PS-1__71428.jpg

Hopefully these images help a bit - fit, finish and alignment of my CVF kit was first class. I’m running a Mopar 7 blade 18” fan and clutch with good clearance everywhere although I believe my Aus VF Valiant is a bit longer in the guards than a Dart and therefore allows a little more rad clearance as a result.

IMG_5887.jpeg

IMG_5883.jpeg

IMG_5885.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm looking at the CVF Racing serpentine conversion system and from the pictures it looks like the power steering pump moves vertically in the engine bay
From their photos it looks like the PS pump serp belt is rad side of the alt and wp belt.

The serp belts are significantly wider than a V belt so it looks like it would make the entire package thicker.

IMHO

Ditch the electric fans and stick with a fixed mechanical or thermo clutch mechanical fan

I have their PS mounting and a saginaw pump and had to run a shallow 18" flex fan but I have a Cold Case aluminum radiator to clear the pulley retained by the nut. My 340 stays at 180 idle so driving, so no issues.

So if you have a stock radiator you might be OK. The brackets do move the pump up a little which helped my high pressure line clear the 72-down K-member motor mounts. The CVF Brackets are the same for Serp vs V belt.

There are Saginaw pumps with a pressed on pulley from the mid 70's, I want to say look at 76 F-body pump. These should have more room as the pulley presses. Not sure if CVF makes a press on pulley.

Hopefully these images help a bit - fit, finish and alignment of my CVF kit was first class. I’m running a Mopar 7 blade 18” fan and clutch with good clearance everywhere although I believe my Aus VF Valiant is a bit longer in the guards than a Dart and therefore allows a little more rad clearance as a result.

View attachment 1716147869
Those pictures are great. It does look like the PS pump is moved up and closer to the motor. I'll have to call CVF on Monday to confirm.

Also it is so weird seeing a lot of the engine bay flipped to the opposite side. lol

Are you putting your intercooler on the engine side of the radiator?
The A2W intercooler is where the stock battery location use to be.

From their photos it looks like the PS pump serp belt is rad side of the alt and wp belt.

The serp belts are significantly wider than a V belt so it looks like it would make the entire package thicker.

IMHO

Ditch the electric fans and stick with a fixed mechanical or thermo clutch mechanical fan

If I had the room I would. I have to run an E Fan due to the limited space I have from the custom turbo set I have in the car.

I have their PS mounting and a saginaw pump and had to run a shallow 18" flex fan but I have a Cold Case aluminum radiator to clear the pulley retained by the nut. My 340 stays at 180 idle so driving, so no issues.

So if you have a stock radiator you might be OK. The brackets do move the pump up a little which helped my high pressure line clear the 72-down K-member motor mounts. The CVF Brackets are the same for Serp vs V belt.

There are Saginaw pumps with a pressed on pulley from the mid 70's, I want to say look at 76 F-body pump. These should have more room as the pulley presses. Not sure if CVF makes a press on pulley.
Would you happened to have pictures of your current set compared to the factory pullies and belt?

Would you happened to have pictures of your current set compared to the factory pullies and belt?
I don't have any before pics as I added power steering to my car and bought the CVF brackets based on some research that they lifted the pump to help clear the motor mounts on 72-down cars. When I did the Cold Case radiator that when I learned about the fan clearance issue since all aluminum radiators have a thicker core than stock leaving less room to move he fan away from the pump nut.

I don't have any before pics as I added power steering to my car and bought the CVF brackets based on some research that they lifted the pump to help clear the motor mounts on 72-down cars. When I did the Cold Case radiator that when I learned about the fan clearance issue since all aluminum radiators have a thicker core than stock leaving less room to move he fan away from the pump nut.
Do you have any pics of your current set to help give me an idea?

I like CVS racing, good customer service, and quality stuff. I've had issues with these individuals serpentine brackets instead of the all-in-one bracket were you're just really trying to lineup everything with the drive pulley, instead of individual brackets for each component and trying to get them all lined up... Not that it can't be done. It can sometimes just be difficult to aline the individual brackets opposed to the systems that are all on one bracket that just lines up with the drive pulley.
If things aren't lined up laser straight it will shred belts relatively quickly...

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but @dano or anyone else, can you confirm the CVF pulley would be a direct replacement for a small block? I am tired of all the flimsy, flexible chinese parts store pullies. I've had two warp and I'm afraid if I don't get a true and straight pulley it'll take out my pump. My bracket is Bouchilon Performance's factory style replacement. It's a thick bracket so it's good. Maybe I'm tightening my pump belt too much and that's what's causing the warping.

@AirForceRacer hasn't been back in a while. I think I see him on Instagram

Borgeson kit box. It's a Saginaw and I'm using OEM style brackets. Are they supposed to be used with their own brackets and/ or pump?

I don't know. Seems the mounting wouldn't matter as long its for the correct engine being used and a Saginaw pump. I know Borgeson has brackets but that maybe for those adding PS who wouldn't normally have them.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but @dano or anyone else, can you confirm the CVF pulley would be a direct replacement for a small block? I am tired of all the flimsy, flexible chinese parts store pullies. I've had two warp and I'm afraid if I don't get a true and straight pulley it'll take out my pump. My bracket is Bouchilon Performance's factory style replacement. It's a thick bracket so it's good. Maybe I'm tightening my pump belt too much and that's what's causing the warping.

@AirForceRacer hasn't been back in a while. I think I see him on Instagram
Yes sir. Sorry I don't frequent the forum much unless I need some help. IG and FB are just easier when it comes to simple stuff and making posts.

This site is always my go to when it comes to real information from trust worthy sources.

-
Back