CVR power steering brackets fitment

-

northeastmopar

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Wow, I think the hardest part about doing my demon was getting brackets and pulleys to work with each other. Point at hand. My 340 was built with edelbrock aluminum heads. Problem is, nobody told me that these aluminum heads protruded out in front of the face of the bloc by about 1"? Enter in a set of nice Dougs ceramic coated headers for 900.00. Now these headers need to bolt up to the heads? Now, were the headers modeled after a 340 with cast iron stock heads which sit flush to the front of the block or aluminum heads? I am going to bet cast iron. WHY? Because the clearance issues you run into when bolting them to aluminum heads and moving them forward that 1" plays all kind of games with the power steering box? Now because the aluminum heads protrude out that 1" in front, that means that the nice edelbrock aluminum manifold also gets pushed forward that same 1". So now enter in an updated sandeen a/c compressor and then install a nice aluminum radiator. NOW, try and get all the pulleys and belts for all this stuff to line up. WOW. Then try and find a Saginaw power steering pump that doesn't leak? All rebuilt and suck. Pay more money for the ones that say they are made and assembled in the USA? You. But they won't fit the stock brackets. Now order the March or as I did the CVR nice aluminum brackets. Guess what. Don't install these using their directions. They suck as well. Parts are nice but directions need work. Every time you pull the bolts going thru the timing chain and water pump, you get a bath, so make sure it is empty. And install the brackets loosley on the pump first before installing the bolts into the front of the block. Had to take mine apart 3 times. This has had to been the biggest paint in the entire build, but in the end, it was worth the suffering.

-
Back