cylinder head casting number question

-

ktcnn94

Reaction score
I found out about a set of small block heads through a friend and I contacted the guy that has them, I asked him to send me pics of the heads along with casting numbers. there are no valves, in them in the pics and he's not sure if he has the valves but anyway the casting numbers he took pics of are on the combustion chamber side and they are 3418915 K and 3418915 C. whats up with the K and the C. he didn't give me a pic to see if they are j heads or not, I have to drive a little way to get em, and I can get them pretty cheap. do the K and the C make them anything special or are they just 915's. are they worth the ride probably 1 1/2 hours each way. thanks guys

Sounds like 915 heads, they could be J's. Ask him to look, it's a big J cast on the outer edge. Unless you need them, a 3 hr drive oughta make them worth about 20 bucks to ya.

Hard to say. Although I have four sets and none of mine have the K or C.

Basic J head. Not worth a 1.5 hour one way drive.

Even though a 915 may have a bunch of different letters cast in them, they are generally all referred to as J heads.

Thanks guys, yeah he's wanting $50 for em. I'm glad I checked here before the drive I thought maybe with that letter they were something "special". No drive for me, thanks again.

-
Back