Status
Not open for further replies.

Fury

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
Hey guys
For my 65 Cuda I'am looking for an D4B intake from Edelbrock.
Very hard to find :???:need shipping to my location Germany
Please check your storage:prayer:
paying via paypal no problem
cheers Fury

If I remember correctly there is not much room under the hood of a 65 cuda
you might be better of with a stock intake.
I know it was a tight fit on my 65 cuda.

Attachments

• intakes 003.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 191
  • intakes 004.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 189
  • intakes 005.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 164
  • intakes 006.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 181
  • intakes 001.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 172
  • intakes 002.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 186
  • intakes 008.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 178
This was the engine compartment on my 65 cuda,
I am sure some one will chime in an let you know what they were able to fit under their
hoods , there are lots and lots of early a-body owners here with some very nice
set ups. I sold mine a couple of years ago now , so not to sure anymore.

Attachments

• 65 cuda 040.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 211
  • 65 cuda 039.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 255
Fury,
It seems unlikely that Edelbrock would design a street manifold with a popular application unable to use it without hood interference. It would be a first for me to see.

I assume that you know what you are doing! I wouldn't hesitate to use it if it were my car.

I have a D4B that I would be willing to part with from my collection of small block manifolds. It is not perfect, but then it is over 50years old and was well used. That said it hasn't been butchered either. The divider between dual planes in the plenum is still in place, it does not appear that anyone tried to modify the bolt holes in an effort to put it on a newer small block. The threads for the carb studs were toast, so I had them drilled and helicoiled solving a common problem. The steel nipples for the bypass and heater hose need to be removed and replaced. There is a bit of corrosion where the back water passages in the head interface with head, but that is common and not usually a problem. The one thing I would do before installing it is to have what appears to be a hairline crack in the bottom of the manifold in the exhaust crossover welded to make sure it doesn't leak (I would then get gaskets that block off the crossover unless you drive this around in seriously cold weather). The manifold is bead blasted so there isn't anything that is hidden under paint.

If you are interested in the manifold send me a PM. The other hurdle is this - I haven't the slightest idea how too ship something to Germany.

Attachments

• IMG_2435.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_2437.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_2440.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_2441.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_2443.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 143
Status