Dads 64

-

Dads 64

Reaction score
Hello All
Thank you for this opportunity to interact with like minded people. I have never joined a forum of any kind, so I hope I don't mess up too much. Having said that not even sure how much info to share, I'm in my mid 60's and have been a car guy all my life, my father was a red seal mechanic and my youngest son is one also, dad dissuaded me from the profession but nether the less I have always done 95% of all mechanical work on my cars. I inherited my Dads 1964 Valiant V200 225 six last month, it was his dads car bought new and has only 37k on it. The cars body and interior are immaculate , It is suffering some pretty significant mechanical issues from sitting too long. I hope to restore this car enough in the short term to drive it from Toronto to Calgary were I now live. Long story short started the car after several years ran like crap, went through normal fixes to finally discover two intake vales have seized bending the push rods, no Biggy if it weren't for the fact that on the lifters popped out allowing a push rod down between the cam and it wont come out, so I'm tearing it down of course. So my first and I'm sure not last embarrassing call for help is I cannot find any info on the small bolt size of the vibration damper bolt holes for my puller, I think it is a 3/8-24 but as I am in a rural part of Ontario not my reasonably equipped garage at home in Calgary these little things waste a lot of time with trial and error, so any help would be great.
Thank You

Welcome to FABO, you’ll get lots of information here. Just ask the questions. We also like pictures

Welcome aboard! Yes, this is the place for research and answers on all things A- body MOPAR.

I'll assume that your Dad's car is Windsor built? Very cool. My 64 Valiant Signet

Enjoy the site!

20211117_144314~3.jpg

Welcome to FABO, some parts stores have a tool loan system in-store. Rent the tool, buy the parts you need from them, and return the tool get your deposit back.
Wish the best with the "64".

I just pulled the balancer off my 82 slant, the bolts that hold on the extra pulley are 5/15-18. IIRC that's the same for the others I've had apart too.

I just pulled the balancer off my 82 slant, the bolts that hold on the extra pulley are 5/15-18. IIRC that's the same for the others I've had apart too.
Thank you, I don't have a pulley just the balancer, would the bolts for the puller be the same?

Thank You, looks good, were do you live, would the vin # tell me were it was built?

Hey there. I'm in West Virginia, USA. The car was imported in the 90s and I've had it for a couple of years.

If the car was built in Windsor it will have a 9 in the 4th position of the VIN Tag

Hey there. I'm in West Virginia, USA. The car was imported in the 90s and I've had it for a couple of years.

If the car was built in Windsor it will have a 9 in the 4th position of the VIN Tag
It is a 9 thanks, Now I feel bad wanting to move it from Ontario to Calgary

-
Back