Dag Nab It

-

6pk2goDemon

Mopar Mod
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
So........finally decided to tackle the worn out hood hinge on the Demon. Not too bad of a job really and just required lots of patience. We were able to access the hinge by removing the inner fender and the bottom bolts on the lower fender. Didn't even break the retaining clips and were able to re-use them!! Thank you Arizona metal.......:-D

Here's the problem. While re-installing the hood and adjusting for fit, one of the rear nuts that's built into the hood stripped out :angry4:.

What does everyone think is the best way to fix it? HeliCoil, tap it to a larger size, or ???

Please feel free to chime in w/ your experience or ideas. If there's a link to a thread here on FABO that I missed on this repair, please post it up. I haven't seen one.

is it one of the ones you would use to adjust the hood level and all that?

Thank you DarTT. Yes, it's the nut in the hood where the hinges attach.

Have you tried running a tap through it?

Stan, Not sure a tap would work unless we tapped it larger, since some of the threads came off when we removed the bolt? Thx for your help!

Thx to everyone that chimed in :-D. I truly appreciate all of the help received. You guys were right on!

Drilled and retapped to 3/8. Seems to be fixed and I hope that none of the other 3 nuts decide to give out on the quest to line up the hood. :cheers:

Pics and details to follow........:read2:

Glad it worked for you! If it were me I would drill and tap the other 3 just so they all match, but I'm a weirdo like that :toothy10:

-
Back