Daily Insight

-
“The victory of success is half won when one gains the habit of setting goals and achieving them. Even the most tedious chore will become endurable as you parade through each day convinced that every task, no matter how menial or boring, brings you closer to fulfilling your dreams."
-- Og Mandino

"True grit is making a decision and standing by it, doing what must be done."
-- John Wayne

Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.
-- Robert F. Kennedy

Regarding the employment scene; " A FARTING HORSE WILL NEVER TIRE, A FARTING MAN, IS THE MAN TO HIRE." by Clem

“The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found those dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore.”
-- Vincent van Gogh (1853–1890) Dutch painter
"Your life right now is a reflection of your past thoughts. That includes all the great things, and all the things you consider not so great. Since you attract to you what you think about most, it is easy to see what your dominant thoughts have been on every subject of your life, because that is what you have experienced."
-- Rhonda Byrne, author

"Today play a game or hang out and don't think about anything you don't want to think about."
-- Taylor - 10yrs old; Labor Day philosophy

"Unless you're pushing yourself, you're not living life to the fullest.
You can't be afraid to fail, but unless you fail, you haven't pushed hard enough."
-- Dean Karnazes, Ultra Marathon Runner

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." .... John Stuart Mill

This is my own "eyes open". Lived and worked for the last 25 yrs. with that in the back of my mind.

I heard this in a dream one night "you're not alone".

Terry

"Failure should be our teacher, not our undertaker. Failure is delay not defeat. It is a temporary detour, not a dead end."
-- Denis Waitley

"I am grateful for all of my problems. After each one was overcome, I became stronger and more able to meet those that were still to come. I grew in all my difficulties."
-- J.C. Penney, businessman

"I am grateful for all of my problems. After each one was overcome, I became stronger and more able to meet those that were still to come. I grew in all my difficulties."
-- J.C. Penney, businessman
Thank you again KP 8)
reality of incite sure makes me stronger . Mike 8)

Positive Start
Start each day the way you wish to live it. Take positive control of your thoughts, your actions, your feelings and your attitude before some random occurrence ends up imposing its perspective on you. Be open to the surprises while also being decisive and focused about what you intend to do. Get a few nice accomplishments under your belt early on, and set an effective, empowering pace for the whole day. Right away, find some new thing for which to be thankful. Your sincere gratitude will shine its light on the best of the day's possibilities. When you feel a worry coming, move quickly to transform it into creative action. If it seems that you're beginning to be overwhelmed, focus intently on whatever is most important to you. While the day is young, decide on some new way that you can make a meaningful difference for others. Then start taking the steps that will make it happen. Give yourself some real power and effectiveness by beginning each day in a joyfully decisive and lovingly purposeful way. And life grows richer with each passing hour.
-- Ralph Marston

My own; when you can see, what the architect/engineer designed won't work; design what will work, and send them the info, and tell them to re-draw it, and approve it.

-
Back