Dakota digital fan controller

-

devilchicken

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello FABO

I have installed dual electric fans in my scamp and i am going with the DD fan controller. I have it installed per the instructions and all is proceeding well till i get to step 10 which asks what sender i will be using and i choose to do the custom calibration so i can use the stock gauge but when i adjust the potentiometer it will take several adjustments and it wont move the needle and then all of a sudden it will peg the gauge and i can never get the gauge even close to where i want to start setting my temperature points in the controller. Have any of you had this problem? any advise is welcome and thanks

Last edited:
Thermal gauges are slow, might have to make small adjustments, then give a minute or two for response. Might be a time to try DO customer support.

I run two sending units on my Duster with the Dakota digital controller. One for the stock gauge and an AutoMeter sender that feeds the controller and an an AutoMeter gauge that actually has degrees indicated instead of just a range to keep better track of what the fans are doing.

You might ask goldduster318, he did a full write up on installing the Dakota digital controller with contour fans. I don't recall what sending unit he tied his into though.

-
Back