Damn disease

-
I like the military system. You can actually service the spring hangers which makes them a breeze to remove. You use the bolt that holds them in place and screw it in where the grease zerk goes. I used a short collar and they pulled out beautifully. Imagine that. Something built to last. Whoda thunk? When I fit it back up it was perfect. Literally.

IMG_9409.jpeg

IMG_9410.jpeg

IMG_9411.jpeg

IMG_9413.jpeg

IMG_9414.jpeg

Engine sounds good also, I have a 218 in a 46 1/2 ton truck I need to get running.

100_2465.JPG

That's in nice shape! Wow. I need that cab! Those trucks are awesome.
I bought it super cheap, the old guy could not get the engine running.
I added the wheels and tires, he had some jeep wheels with fairly new tires to roll it around. My daughter needed tires for her jeep.

Short box Power Wagon. I’m gonna take another inch or so off the front. The back is the right length. Then I’ll weld the stake pockets back on.

IMG_9439.jpeg

lol. StuBBle is doing his part as the support team.
Yes the center arch I had to give some play because I knew when I removed leafs the wheels would go back a bit. They are close and won’t move much now. I’m gonna pull another leaf but I think they are staying put. I looked at another factory Power Wagon and there was 2” between the cab and box. I’m gonna give it 1-1.5”.

Chopped.
Front bumper to back of cab. 99”.
Rear bumperettes to back of cab. 96”.
I really like it being shorter than a later version Power Wagon with the longer wheelbase and 9’ box.

IMG_9481.jpeg

I always thought an old 12 valve Cummins would be cool in those. After working on one that was v8 swapped, there's not much room to really work with.

Hope the video works. Moving under its own Power (Wagon!)
I know 4 wheel drive functions because i got stuck on the ice backing out of the shop and had to engage it.

Last edited:
Fuel system! Very limited milage.

IMG_9539.jpeg

Ignition switch! Aka key. :) The green wire is the emergency fuel shut off. Yank it and kill it.

IMG_9540.jpeg

Last edited:
Very nice to see it move!! I’m loving this thread….. and the one on stuBBle too! Thanks for posting a video and looking forward to more updates!

I love your motivation and how you jump right in and get after a project. Great job!!

Thank you guys. I do enjoy resurrecting the left for dead. It is pretty satisfying to see the results as you go. Entertaining you guys is a side bonus!

I figured I better get the box back together. One thing I have learned is to always start on the passenger side. Any learnings will not be staring at you every time you get in the vehicle! But this went pretty good. Did some repairs to the stake pockets and then attached the first one with self tappers. That leaves a little hole to ensure your weld is through and rock solid. Then I turned it over and welded the other side of the hole as well. I sandblasted what could be and gave it a rough sand to remove the rust where it will never see daylight again prior to attaching, and put some primer down to protect until the day it gets blasted for paint.

IMG_9542.jpeg

IMG_9544.jpeg

IMG_9549.jpeg

IMG_9545.jpeg

IMG_9546.jpeg

IMG_9547.jpeg

IMG_9548.jpeg

Last edited:
One side done. It is surprising how long each job takes. That was a day. There was some repairs but still, nothing is fast.

IMG_9555.jpeg

IMG_9554.jpeg

Today was a work day so only a few hours to play! Repairs. Tomorrow install. This was the worst bunch of touch ups. Not bad though for a bunch of 70 year old farmer steel. I like to run pretty high heat so it burns and runs right through. That way I know it is solid. That big repair was only welded from the outside even though it looks like I did both sides.

Some may wonder why I didn’t blast the whole inside. Well I’m not taking the middle stakepockets off the box so they will be the same condition.

IMG_9561.jpeg

IMG_9562.jpeg

IMG_9565.jpeg

IMG_9566.jpeg

IMG_9567.jpeg

IMG_9568.jpeg

IMG_9571.jpeg

-
Back