Damn Mopars anyway

-
If your looking for "different"...Why not try a Slant 6 buildup...Up the cam, slap on a 2bbl or 4bbl intake and some other odds and ends.
x 2 . i would love to do a slant one day. you can get a shitload of power from the tower. and in a 2800 pound car set up right you will open up some eyes. [yikes] cant wait

Sorry, but new Hemi swap into an old Mopar is boring IMO.....you want different? How about an SRT-4 engine in that a-body?? Now that's Kewl and different :glasses7:
Why would you take a engine out of a car that weighs 2300pds ie a neon and put it in a car that weighs 2800pds? Just don't make sense. Maybe a small block would sell better!

If me, I would do a slant 6 with a turbo, pressurizing a carb.....maybe 10 psi. Give it some forged pistons and a boost retard ignition and go for it.

I think a hiper slant sounds great

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlCvA3-qhuY"]Slant 6 hyper pak - YouTube[/ame]

I like different! I'd say either a 4bt, hyper pak, turbo slant or srt-4 with a r154 supra 5 speed.

Put a LS chevy engine in it. It would be different an a lot cheaper than a new hemi. But you might be tar and feathered. Just kidding :violent1::violent1:

Whenever I say I want to change my motor in my Signet, I always hear persons say " Put a new Hemi in it " and I think to myself the only new Hemi manufactured in America is a Cadillac Northstar which is in fact a HEMI in that it has hemispherical combustion chambers unlike the Chrysler Hemi which is not a Hemi at all, yet only used the word Hemi for their promotion and slogan...

On the other hand,, the LS is not a chevy motor, its a GM motor and has the support of many when it comes down to using it for a modified vehicle and if I stick one under the hood of my 64 I could use this and you'd never be able to tell what is under the hood :)

You really want different? Hunt you up a first generation 325 Dodge Super Red Ram Poly motor.

Rob, I wanna a motor that has power, credibility and will give great gas mileage. On the other hand, if I was building a rat rod, I'd consider the red ram.

I'm way too old to play the games of what's right according to the one way streeters and what's not, I have four vehicles 3 are modified and two have small block Mopars in them. I'm considering a trade one offered for my 64 Signet, an 86 Porsche 935 turbo, guy loves my car and I am an ol' Porsche guy, but I truly love my 64... I don't wanna type anymore, I gonna take my mazda pickup out for a spin, you'd be surprised how this thing runs with it 5.2 Magnum, it's crazy... Speak at ya this coming week..

Believe it or not this has helped me vent and make a decision. Since this is a COMPLETE build and I'll be bleeding $$$ I have decided (anyway for now)

I really want a tubular k frame (just because) so I'll be doing that now

I have a rebuilt bone stock 360 and good tranny in stock so I'll be using that for now and live with the car for a summer and sort it out then build the motor I want next year that will give me more time to research and shop plus keep my wife somewhat happy on the $$$ ----

So it will be MILD to WILD

thanks for your input it's been helpful

I think you made a great choice. Detail the day lights out of it,people pay attention to that. Most potential customers,want something they can work on.

You suck. You couldda chose a small block chebbie. lol

-
Back