Damn Snakes

-

Oldschoolcuda

Early-A Body Nerd
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Have a small 16 x 20 workshop right next to my garage & casually went to grab what i thought was an extension cord under one of my parts bins, but the cord moved. Damn snake tail. Can't remember the name of cartoon cat that jumped and stuck to sealing but that was me. OK with them if I see em first but hate a surprise snake encounter. Spent 45 minutes moving stuff around but finally cornered him. About a 4 foot black snake.Took him to my a-hole neighbors garden & let him go. Made my day laughing at myself:prayer:

Oldschoolcuda

I am glad you let him go :prayer:. I used to keep them as pets and can't see why people kill them for no reason. You 'Da Man.

I let a 5 foot bull snake go in my neighbors garden. About an hour later I heard his wife cursing the day I was born and all of my ancestry at the top of her lungs. Her language directed at me would have made the 7th Fleet blush.

Yea I here you Owd. Just startled the crap out of me Not into killing anything unless my life or family's is threatened so if that occurs would most likely be a human on their way to taking a dirt nap.

I am a retired letter carrier and one time I opened a mailbox to put mail in and two small snakes jumped out and scared the jeebies out of me. One other time I opened a box and someone had placed a toy rattle snake in there and it liked to have given me a heart attack. That snake came home with me so whoever played a prank on me lost their toy.

Maybe this will help starts at 4:30 of the video lol

Might have to click on it twice to view it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uw_PfEZwRHw&feature=player_embedded"]Merrie Melodies - I Taw A Putty Tat - YouTube[/ame]

Snakes are cool,...but not to my wife,....

Spiders on the other hand,....they give me the "ooogeees",...I keep a can of carb clean and a bic lighter handy,...just in case,...

Here a classic. Was about like Bill Dance in this video,

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_UnV3RbCtg"]Bill Dance Fishing Bloopers - Dance with tree snake - YouTube[/ame]

Claude the cat. Enjoy.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccgWR_7bq9A"]Terrier Stricken - A Claude Cat & Frisky Puppy Cartoon - YouTube[/ame]

When I was a kid, I walked into my dad's tool shed, small with short door. I turned to go out and on the ledge over the door was a large northern milk stake, harmless, but I about jumped out of my shoes. Only way out was through that door. I bee-lined it, fast as I could through that door and didn't go back in for a long time. Don't love em to this day.

LOL! Last year while wiring up the Dart I had a harness laying on garage floor. Thought I was hallucinating (70's flash back or something) as the harness seemed to be moving a bit. Did a double take and a gardner/garter snake had come in the garage and was laid up next to the harness. Carried him out and let loose in yard.

We just had a copperhead here, they're on the hill. Had a guy bit down the road and he spent 2 weeks in the hospital. I was across the river crawling under a Valiant for the brake metering valve. It's tall weeds there, and I should have known better. I got the valve , paid for it and jumped into the car. There was a car stopped in the lane and when I got to him there was the fattest northern timber rattler I have ever seen in front of the car. I was just 400 feet away rambling through the weeds. I have a very healthy respect for anything that crawls....

I only have a neighbor on one side, a young girl that moved about 100 miles upstate with her boyfriend. Bought the house in 2007 at top dollar and i have the feeling she's walked away from the house. Haven't seen anyone around for about 3 mos. The backyard is about 9' high with weeds and whatever else is growing back there. A 6' wooden fence seperates us but these 18" or so snakes keep showing up in the yard and when i chase them they run right back to the fence and squeeze back thru the fence. Don't want to kill them, but the're getting to be a pain.

I only have a neighbor on one side, a young girl that moved about 100 miles upstate with her boyfriend. Bought the house in 2007 at top dollar and i have the feeling she's walked away from the house. Haven't seen anyone around for about 3 mos. The backyard is about 9' high with weeds and whatever else is growing back there. A 6' wooden fence seperates us but these 18" or so snakes keep showing up in the yard and when i chase them they run right back to the fence and squeeze back thru the fence. Don't want to kill them, but the're getting to be a pain.

You definitely need to anonymously call the county or city authorities if it is that bad. You tell them that you would like to stay anonymous so you will not cause any friction between your neighbors.

You definitely need to anonymously call the county or city authorities if it is that bad. You tell them that you would like to stay anonymous so you will not cause any friction between your neighbors.

I think you might be right Marland. Her neighbor on the other side cuts the front and that actully looks good. Drastic difference in the back though....:D.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 277
  • 002.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 280
We just had a copperhead here, they're on the hill. Had a guy bit down the road and he spent 2 weeks in the hospital. I was across the river crawling under a Valiant for the brake metering valve. It's tall weeds there, and I should have known better. I got the valve , paid for it and jumped into the car. There was a car stopped in the lane and when I got to him there was the fattest northern timber rattler I have ever seen in front of the car. I was just 400 feet away rambling through the weeds. I have a very healthy respect for anything that crawls....

One reason I usually only do junkyards in the winter months...

I think you might be right Marland. Her neighbor on the other side cuts the front and that actully looks good. Drastic difference in the back though....:D.

Oh my.

You need to tell your neighbor not to cut the front any longer and let it grow BEFORE calling the authority (if he can keep his mouth shut). When they come out they will have more to look at...lol

I don't want anyone to get in trouble but I think that they need to keep the grass cut. It makes your house and the neighbors house look bad. They have a lawn service do it. The lot beside me doesn't even have a house on it but the owner keeps it cut.

I've got a snake living under my concrete front porch. It's just a gardner snake and I leave him alone to do his job catching mice and grasshoppers. I have no issues with snakes, as long as they're non-poisonus.

-
Back