Dana 60 conversion to A body

-

Patch

Patch
Reaction score
Have a 72 GM Dana 60 that is a candidate for converting to my 65 Dart. Respectfully, I'm not looking for "why not an 8 3/4?" I have those. My question is about offset and overall width. I plan on doing the spring mount inboard kit, but is there any tables or lists for A Body widths for these? I have found some info, but still looking. Looking for more concerning which tube is supposed to be longer for the offset as well. Any feedback would be appreciated....thank you for your time..Patch. P.S., this will be mostly for street driving as far as tire/ wheel challenges. If I have to widen the wells, I'm at that stage where it can be done.

Below is measurements from my go to chart. Others should chime in for its
accuracy.

The other issue is pinion centering with transmission. Mopars offset the engine to one side. Measure CL of trans output to a frame rail and use that to determin offset to CL of the pinion.

8 3/4" Rear end widths, drum-to-drum:

A-BODY
  • '66-'72= 57 1/8” (or 57 13/16” for BBP axles and brakes)
    • BBP 8.25/7.25= 56 3/4”

Go to Dr. Diffs website, click on the axle calculator button up top this will help. All measurements there hope this helps:thumbsup:

Go to Dr. Diffs website, click on the axle calculator button up top this will help. All measurements there hope this helps:thumbsup:
Or just call Case himself on Monday. (Dr.dif)
Actually threw in a drawing giving me the exact measurements my welder needed to make the tubes the correct way for the axles. I didn't want to invest in the alignment tools to make the rear end and the ultra heavy duty welder just for one-time deal so I had it done. Everything work perfect. That was my experience.

Call Cass as mentioned. He is the man. He will calculate the whole deal out for u and send u an email that a 2 year old could understand. Tell him what width u want. If u want A body width it’s 52 and 5/8 housing flange to flange. Kim

-
Back