Dana 60 housing question

-

mischiefdart

Reaction score
Is a late Dana 60 housing with the tone ring for abs compatible with a power lock position unit? This rear has 3.73 gears and an open diff. I have a power lock for 4.10 and lower.

Attachments

• 20150802_125506.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 205
Not worried about having to delete the tone ring. Just want to know if a standard spool or limited slip will work.

Well I went back and pulled the 3.73 gears out of this rear. The answer to my question is no, these late housings are not the same. They have c clip axles and one big shim outside the caries bearing races. From my research the gears are the same as in the older rears

Well I went back and pulled the 3.73 gears out of this rear. The answer to my question is no, these late housings are not the same. They have c clip axles and one big shim outside the caries bearing races. From my research the gears are the same as in the older rears

I still think you can use the housing, you just need to replace the axles and housing ends. Same thing they do with the 12 bolt Chevy. If you are trying to use as much OE stuff as you can, than that housing is probably not going to work.

I would call Dr. Diff and verify what I just wrote.

-
Back