Dana 60 housing value

-

67Cuda408

Reaction score
I have the opportunity to purchase a bare Dana 60 housing out of a 70s era F250 for $100. Is this a good price for a bare unit?

Thanks
Cole

I have the opportunity to purchase a bare Dana 60 housing out of a 70s era F250 for $100. Is this a good price for a bare unit?

Thanks
Cole

I buy complete truck D60s for anything from $50 to $100. Sometimes I can sell the drums and axles for $20-30, most times not and it goes in the scrap pile. If it's a locker rear I keep it intact, if it's open I save the ring and pinion if it's good and scrap the rest.

Bare housing I'd offer $50, but $100 is still a decent price. Make sure you look at the diff bearing saddles to see if it's been badly worn:

QUAD 4 x4

I buy complete truck D60s for anything from $50 to $100. Sometimes I can sell the drums and axles for $20-30, most times not and it goes in the scrap pile. If it's a locker rear I keep it intact, if it's open I save the ring and pinion if it's good and scrap the rest.

Bare housing I'd offer $50, but $100 is still a decent price. Make sure you look at the diff bearing saddles to see if it's been badly worn:

QUAD 4 x4
Thank you for the info. Don’t need one just was wondering if this was too good of a deal to pass up but it sounds like it really isn’t.

-
Back