Dana 60 Lug conversion help

-

Rogue

Reaction score
I have the chance to buy a Dana 60 from an old ford truck. The only problem I see is that it is an 8 lug and I don't know if I can get it converted to 5 lug BBP. The Dana 60 is a full floating axles with limited slip. Would this be a good choice for my 74 Scamp and how much would the conversion cost? I'd love to go disc breaks on it, if that helps you guys help me.8)

Thanks

Make sure it's a 60 and not a 61. What year truck is it out of?

Cut the ends off, put the ends you want to use and buy new axles. You'll have to check the spline count on the axles you remove.

It's a pretty easy swap once you get the axle shortened, ends installed.

Make sure it's a 60 and not a 61. What year truck is it out of?

Cut the ends off, put the ends you want to use and buy new axles. You'll have to check the spline count on the axles you remove.

It's a pretty easy swap once you get the axle shortened, ends installed.

It is from a 79 ford 250. So it would be an easy swap if I took it to a drive train shop to cut it up and add the proper axles? A ball park figure, how much would this cost? Would it be difficult to add disk brakes to it?

Thanks

you will need new housing ends, bearings and retainers, backing plates. By the time you pay to shorten it and buy all the parts you need It wouldnt be hard to have 7-800 bucks in it depending on what the shop charges to do the work.

Heres my Dana from a truck , I took it to Moser in Indiana and had them do all the work , I just had to tell them what I wanted and then sign the check......
They have the prices on their web site
Donnie

Cuda Mini Tub work Nov 2009 031 resized.jpg

Cuda Mini Tub work Nov 2009 036 resized.jpg

Cuda Mini Tub work Nov 2009 040 resized.jpg

Cuda Mini Tub work Nov 2009 056 resized.jpg

Cuda Mini Tub work Nov 2009 030 resized.jpg

1 Cuda MiniTub work Augest 09 007 resized.jpg

-
Back