Dana 60 pinion snubber

-

GTSDustin

Reaction score
I'm using a shortened Dana 60 out of a 70's Dodge truck in my Barracuda. I was wondering if I could mount a pinion snubber on it (like a car dana) since there are no bosses or holes for bolts. Could the casing be drilled and tapped, or would it have to be welded? Let me know what you guys are running as far as snubbers.Thanks

I have the same set up. No snubber or place to install one. I'm just running super stock leaf springs. Some day I'm going to get the Caltrac system. I don't seem to have any major problems with the springs rapping up on launch.

Wow, thanks for the info and pics formulas! Im running SS springs as well, but wanted some sort of a snubber for back up.

You don't need the snubber, just get the springs right

I guess mopar engineers were wrong along with decades of competitive mopar drag racers.

Thanks for clearing that up for us.

More than one way to skin a cat.

Some go 4 link. Some go mono-leaf and cal-tracks. Some go stiffer spring without a snubber. Some go lighter spring with a snubber.

Your blanket statement of not needing a snubber was pointless.

..........My old duster runs a 1.36 60 ft on s/s springs ....no snubber......and i never felt the need 2 try 1..............kim.......

I guess mopar engineers were wrong along with decades of competitive mopar drag racers.

Thanks for clearing that up for us.

More than one way to skin a cat.

Some go 4 link. Some go mono-leaf and cal-tracks. Some go stiffer spring without a snubber. Some go lighter spring with a snubber.

Your blanket statement of not needing a snubber was pointless.

No one going fast uses a snubber with SS springs.

If you look thru the suspension section you'll find the reason why since this is not the suspension section

You also might want to read it and find out how to make your suspension work, because if you use the snubber you're slowing yourself.

No one going fast uses a snubber with SS springs.

If you look thru the suspension section you'll find the reason why since this is not the suspension section

You also might want to read it and find out how to make your suspension work, because if you use the snubber you're slowing yourself.

Glad to hear it. Now why don't you help answer the OP's question about putting a snubber on a Dana 60.

If all you have to offer is your opinionated commentary, you can skip off to another thread, lil-cowgirl.

I wouldn't waste time with adding a pinion snubber, see the suspension section.

I sure wouldn't make a another mopar slow offering up useless time wasting nonsense.

You stick to the cowgirl stuff, or making slow mopars.

Glad to hear it. Now why don't you help answer the OP's question about putting a snubber on a Dana 60.

If all you have to offer is your opinionated commentary, you can skip off to another thread, lil-cowgirl.

That was a hoot. I like your snubber. Nice work. ...and you are right on the money about the snubber use. All anybody has to do is look in the Mopar suspension book. It says it all right there. Sometimes you use a snubber and sometimes you don't, just like you said.

-
Back