dana 60 question

-

hw612

The Mopar Martian.
Reaction score
thinking about building a dana 60 for my future a body car, if i got one out of a truck and did it up, would i be okay without a pinion snubber? i plan on using mopar drag launch or superstock springs. i refuse to use cal tracs or slappers. thanks

Just buy mine...............

Custom built Strange Engineering Dana-60, 373 gears, Trac-loc, green bearings, Larger size HD yoke with an ECI disc brake set-up............All brand new w/ 0 miles.

Rearend cost $2,200
ECI cost $625.00

Yours for $2,100.00. Crating and delivery to a common carrier in Denver...free.

You pay shipping.........probably around $150.00

Jim 720-280-3701

Custom built Strange Engineering Dana-60, 373 gears, Trac-loc, green bearings, Larger size HD yoke with an ECI disc brake set-up............All brand new w/ 0 miles.

Rearend cost $2,200
ECI cost $625.00

Jim 720-280-3701
That photo takes a minute to figure out.

Yes, you don't need a snubber.

Set the springs up properly, clamped, and you can use a snubber to keep the shop door propped open for a breeze.

Rearend cost $2,200
ECI cost $625.00

Jim 720-280-3701
man i cant be spendin 2grand on a rear end when i dont have money to buy a body

man i cant be spendin 2grand on a rear end when i dont have money to buy a body

Save save save, buddy!!

Here's a pic of my Dana under my 70 Dart to get ya motivated!

eqwhp2.jpg

I have a truck Dana 60 under my 73 408 duster, 3.73 gears, SS springs, mopar long extension shocks. best 60' of 1.639 on MT 275-17's, no spin, no snubber needed!

Save save save, buddy!!

Here's a pic of my Dana under my 70 Dart to get ya motivated!

eqwhp2.jpg
yeah it dose motivate me but i would have wrinkle walls on it at all times :)
i am trying to save, but having almost no income makes it hard to save :clock:

I have heard of truck Dana's called Dana 60 HD which is suppose to have larger diameter axle tubes and case ribbing. Is it best to use the HD or standard Dana 60? If the HD has larger axle tubes the install would require mods on the perches and shock plates as well as larger U bolts.

Thanks

I believe the truck dana 60 uses thicker wall steel axle tubes, same outside diameter, they are just heavy, many people dont like them because of the extra weight

The HD comes as a full float, has larger 35 spl axles, heavier housing...just for carrying more weight.. I have them in my truck and i have a spare

You won't break the regular 60

-
Back