Dana 60 specs

-

aacwilliams

Reaction score
I have a Dana 60 out of a 1968 Ford pick up. I want to cut it down and put it in my 68 Barracuda. I have a hanger\ shackle kit that moves the leafs in half an inch. I need to know if there are a set of measurements that I can use. Flange to fange length and pinnion offset. The machine shops that i talk to say that i need the wheels and tires and leafs in the car so i can take measurements. I am looking for a standard set of measurements so i can fit the larges rear tire that i can on the car without the tire hitting the body. I would like info on wheel offset if you have it. Thanks.

what the machine shop told you and is correct. The best way to get the exact number you need is to set your wheel and tire in and measure.

I don't know about pinion offset but the driver side axle is 1-1/2" longer than the passenger side.

Close. it's 1 3/8" longer on the drivers tube to get pinion offset correct for a Mopar. An 1/8" on pinion offset isn't going to be a big deal anyways.

I have a spreadsheet that calculates a tube lengths, axle lengths, etc. if you know your desired total width.

-
Back