Dana 60 weight

-

dantegray

Reaction score
What is the weight difference between a 3inch and 3 1/2inch tube dana 60? I have a spare 3.5inch tube dana 60 with 4.10 and locker from a 2002 ford van. Sould I use it or try to find a smaller tube dana? Will the other external parts match up like brackets...?
I will be narrowing and adding ford big berring housing ends to bolt up ford explorer disk brakes and 35 spline axles.

Keep looking for a 3" Dana housing and use the 'guts" from the ford. Where are you located? I have a few for sale.

What is the weight difference between a 3inch and 3 1/2inch tube dana 60? I have a spare 3.5inch tube dana 60 with 4.10 and locker from a 2002 ford van. Sould I use it or try to find a smaller tube dana? Will the other external parts match up like brackets...?
I will be narrowing and adding ford big berring housing ends to bolt up ford explorer disk brakes and 35 spline axles.

usually the gears in van rears are in cherry condition. the pickup truck rears take a beating. unless they did a lot of heavy towing/hauling with the van i would go with that rear.

the shock plates are maybe 45 bucks if that. you are smart to use 35-spline axles... doctor diff (his name is Cass Eslick) can get you all the stuff you need to convert the rear (housing ends, axles the right length, etc.) he will also tell you the measurements you need if you email him. his website is doctordiff.com and his email is on the website.

i would use the mopar housing ends, since you are cutting it for a mopar it will be worth more to someone else if you ever resell it. but doctor diff can get you whatever you want, i'm sure.

Keep looking for a 3" Dana housing and use the 'guts" from the ford. Where are you located? I have a few for sale.

Im located 15-20 miles North of Richmond VA (Kings Dominion Amusement park)...

I bought a dana 60 tonight from a 77 ford floating axel with 3" tubes, its complete drum to drum. It was $140.00.

Are the drums and interior parts good for anything besides scrap metal?

what do you mean my interior parts arent you going to use them? I guess you could try to sell the drums but i ended up scrapping mine.

I was just going to keep the case, yokes, and caps. I have no use for the axles, brake assembly, floater hub.

-
Back