Dana 60

-

dakota farmer

Reaction score
From reading all of the talk on the DANA and 8 3/4 I have decided to go with the DANA I just need advice on which set of gears to go with. We have a lot of dana 60's to choose from. I am building a 1969 dodge dart with a 500+ stroker motor.... I plan on cruising with the car and want to run the 1/4 every once in a while. Just curious on what gears a guy should go with. Sorry for the long post. Thanks

Gear choices depend on what size tires you plan on using?I believe gear ratios are based off of a 26 inch tire,so if running bigger your gear ratio will change.Good luck.

ratio doesnt change but how the gear acts does. taller tire works like a higher gear. ratio is a pinion to ring formula. as for the question if you cruise a lot but want track umph a 3.73 is a good compromise.

That is a loaded question....

Some of us can deal with 4.30 even 4.88 on the street....some can't deal with 3.90, some want 4.56 and od.....

Kinda depends on you and what you can deal with or like, or what compromise you want to make...slower passes...more crusing

ratio doesnt change but how the gear acts does. taller tire works like a higher gear. ratio is a pinion to ring formula. as for the question if you cruise a lot but want track umph a 3.73 is a good compromise.
I thought a taller tire would lower the ratio?No?A smaller tirewould keep the ratio at par?

For cruising ya can't beat the 3:54 in a Dana. BTW with as many choices why not share
one. I'm looking for one with 3:54 gears. LOL

I have a 512 stroker in my duster with 29'' tall tires with a 60 and 373 gears. Its great around town in second and cruises nice in third on the highway.

-
Back