Dana 60

-

72ScampTramp

Scamp Tramp
Reaction score
Ok Im tearing down my Dana today for rebuild. Is there anything I need to watch out for? Whats a good way to clean all these parts up?

Ok Im tearing down my Dana today for rebuild. Is there anything I need to watch out for? Whats a good way to clean all these parts up?

im assuming its not a new strange housing so save and write down where all the shims went and what size...

after than you can just brake clean or if you have a solvent tank, dip them...

sandblast the housing and repaint!

See I wondered that about the shims. If I put the same sizes and quanaty back in each point both sides then the pinion that is should go back in... Im doing this with out a case spreader so it should be fun.

See I wondered that about the shims. If I put the same sizes and quanaty back in each point both sides then the pinion that is should go back in... Im doing this with out a case spreader so it should be fun.

hmm... thats why the new strange 60 housings are so nice! they have adjusters like the 8.75!!

Yes that is true but the added cost of an 8 3/4 or a Strange dana isnt in my budget. I was lucky and scored this truck dana with the gears I wanted and its a power loc diff. Ill have less in this build then I will buying a used unknown 8 3/4

Check the carrier bearing cups (outer racers) for signs of spinning.
This is somewhat common for the Dana 60s

onig

-
Back