Dana 60??

-

67barracuda

Reaction score
Well, last night I stoped by the body shop to check up my the barracuda. It looked very good and he was not taken any short cuts, just as I asked. The sanding is almost done and it looks like he might primer it by the end of the week.
After talking to him for a while, he brought up that he had a Dana 60 for sale. It is out of a drag car and he was not sure if it was a posi or a spool. he thought the gears were 410's. He was going to inspec it this week and if I wanted it, I could have it for 400 installed.It has no brakes, he would swap them off my 8 3/4.
If not he was going to put it on ebay. If the gear were 410's (more like what I need), but it was a spool, would you bite or pass. If it is a clutch posi, I am pretty sure I will pick it up even if I don't put it in right away.

What about the width, is it the same size as your rearend? For $400.00 I'd pick it up for sure, even if you can't use it right now. Also if it happens to be the right size for you and you have him install it, make sure you take your 8 3/4 with you.
Good luck with it.

It is over all 2" shorter than my 8 3/4 and I wouldn't mind moving the tires in 1". I think I will pick it up.

I am with prostreet,I would buy it with out installation and see what it is and then see what to do with it.If it has race guts,its of no use on the street,but can be sold for the price of your new parts,and thus cost you nothing.The averange dana 60 set up for the street is over a grand!Mrmopartech

-
Back