Danas with 3.5" axle tubes

-

mshred

The Green Manalishi
Reaction score
Can they be used with stock style shock plates? will i just need bigger/longer u bolts, or will i have problems? looking to put a later model dana in my car with caltracs (flat type shock plate) and as far as i know they are 3.5 inch tubes on them...will it work?

Can they be used with stock style shock plates? will i just need bigger/longer u bolts, or will i have problems? looking to put a later model dana in my car with caltracs (flat type shock plate) and as far as i know they are 3.5 inch tubes on them...will it work?

far as i know that axle is out of a truck, u need a diff with 3" tubes or change everything to accomidate 3.5 tubes...

damn, this sucks....what is the biggest tube diameter i can go with these shock plates? will 3-1/4 work?

I have a 3 1/2 inch axle tube dana 60 in my dart with caltrac's. The plate for the caltrac's are wide enough for the 3 1/2 axle, I just oblonged the holes and got the right ubolt for the axle tubes. If not comfortable with that weld up the holes and redrill holes in the plates

I have a 3 1/2 inch axle tube dana 60 in my dart with caltrac's. The plate for the caltrac's are wide enough for the 3 1/2 axle, I just oblonged the holes and got the right ubolt for the axle tubes. If not comfortable with that weld up the holes and redrill holes in the plates

perfect! thats exactly the type of info i was looking for!8)

thanks!

I just picked up a dana 60 and the previous owner just welded new bracket right to the tubes. This isn't a pic of mine but it gives you the idea, mine are mounted sideways with what look to be a 4 link brackets on about a 20º angle

Attachments

• new-shock-mnt2.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 86
-
Back