Darn wind

-

dartcuda

Mopar Or No Car
Reaction score
It has been kind of winding here the last week or so. Well, I went to the shop today to find it had blown the hood off the top of the 66 Dart I was parting out. I was going to use the chrome off the front on my 66 Dart. Well, now it is toast. It seemed it landed on the right front corner and folded the hood some there, in turn making the chrome un-useable.

In the first pic you can see how far it flew. I am standing next to the 66 Dart. And the second is of the damage.

The notchback Cuda is a friends of mine, It is the same one that is in my sig next to my 65 cuda. The roachster belongs to another friend.

Same type of thing happened to me a while back. It always happens that way. And would you of guessed it that it would not just ding but destroy the part you needed. My temp carport wound up on my house roof one day, from some wind gusts. Jeesh can't cut a break.

64dartwagon said:
Same type of thing happened to me a while back. It always happens that way. And would you of guessed it that it would not just ding but destroy the part you needed. My temp carport wound up on my house roof one day, from some wind gusts. Jeesh can't cut a break.

I know what you mean. It was as upsetting that the hood got damaged as it was just going to be an extra, but the chrome piece I did plan on useing. I guess I reall y can't complain, I only gave $50 for the car, and it has allot of other parts I needed for my 66.

Wow, sorry. Even if wasn't that much money, still parts are hard to come by any more.

Lee

I believe that this has been the windyest winter that I can remember. Only good thing about the wind is that you don't have to shovel it. Other than that it really sucks.

Mopar lee. I know what you mean, it is getting harder to find good used parts for these old Mopars. And when you do, the seller thinks they are made of gold. I kknow of another one that just got totaled, so might see what he is going to do with it.

Dartcuda, this is kind of topic, but are the heater box's in the 66 dart like the 65 and down or are they like the 67's and up? Another question would you happen to have an extra gas pedal out of one of the those cars? Thanks for your time.

Lee

Mopar lee. I believe the heater boxes are the same up to 69. I put one in my 66 Dart 10 years ago, and it wwas out of a 69 Dart, i couldn't see any difference in them. More than likely we do have a pedel for one, but it would be for /6. I don't think we have any for a V8, as they are different.

Ok, thanks. Ok, would you have pictures of the pedal for the V8 66's? I want to see how they bolt to the floor board. Wondering if they bolt to the floor the same as a 65 and down A-body? Thanks for your time.

Lee

Ok, thanks. It does look like the b-bodies are different in two ways. If I'm notmistaken they bolt to the floor board differently and they pin to the bracket on the inside of the firewall instead of being a slider type like mine is. By looking at some pictures on Dante's Mopar Parts web site.

Lee

No not really, but thanks. I was just wondering if the 66 V/8 style bolts the same and slides the same has the 65's and down. If I'm not mistaken the 66 don't have the round dots if you will they have lines in the rubber(the disign in the pedal) to match the heel pad carpet. Is this not correct? Thanks again for your time.

Lee

Not too sure about the style on the 66's. The pedal in the Valiant is out of another car, not too sure of the year. We did the 2 barrel conversion on it witha /6. Had to use the same st up as the V8's. sorry I couldn't help you.

moparlee said:
No not really, but thanks. I was just wondering if the 66 V/8 style bolts the same and slides the same has the 65's and down. If I'm not mistaken the 66 don't have the round dots if you will they have lines in the rubber(the disign in the pedal) to match the heel pad carpet. Is this not correct? Thanks again for your time.

Lee

My 66 has the "dots"

http://community.webshots.com/photo/156531368/1158525736052684717cdZZWa

Cuda66 thanks. The only way I can go on line is at work, and webshots is blocked. So you 66 has the dots then. How many other 66 A-bodies out there have the dots in the accelerator pedals? Thanks again for everybodies time.

Lee

barracuda1.jpg

how about this?

Thanks, that shows me a lot. Years ago I bought some year one carpet for my Valiant and they said that it would have the 66 heel pad with lines like 66 and up, as they put it. It looks to me like that one had the 65 and down style with the dots in the pedals and in the heel pad. Thanks again for your time.

Lee

-
Back