dart 4 door to 2 door

-

'70-Challenger

Reaction score
Been pondering the idea of converting my '74 dart SE sedan to a coupe.
Can you guys give me a list of exactly what i'll need to do?
And also if you think its even worth it.

There was a guy on BBD.com doing it awhile ago. It's a massive amount of work. If you have good fab skills that will help.

http://www.bigblockdart.com/forum/showthread.php?6201-my-quest-4-door-into-a-2-door-sedan
thanks for the link.I registered and am waiting to see the pics.
I may have the fab skills. I am a 17 year old but my skills are constantly increasing. This dart was supposed to be for learning, and fun.
So i could try the 2 door conversion, however, i lack some of the tools i would need. And if it doesnt work out, then my dart will be useless. I'll take a look at the pics, and talk it over with my cousin.

the truth is a 74 dart isint that hard of a body to come buy to get in a two door if it was a 67-1970 I would say diffrent

seems like it would be a ton of work and money, i would think it would be easier to sell the 4 door and pick up a 2 door if you gotta have one. personally, i prefer a 2 door, but there is nothing wrong with 4 door cruisers.i got a 4 door to cruise and a 2 door to rebuild. when thats close to driveable, i might sell the 4 door, of course i have kids so i might not, the 4 door is a nice option to have.

If it were me, I would keep the 4 door, buy a 2-door to fix up. Unless you have a lot of money and just wanting to learn\improve your skills. Or buy a 2 door shell then strip parts off your 4 door to get the 2door up and running.

-
Back