Dart Custom question

-

roadblock69

Reaction score
What is the difference between a Dart Custom and other models? I own a 1969 Dart Custom 2dr Hardtop. The car is fairly original short of the new paint, seat covers and carpet.

The standard dart had seat covers like a taxi cab, and rubber floor covering like a swinger. The custom had upgraded pleated seats. more trim, sometimes wheel lip moldings. Door panels and arm rests were the same. Customs also had more options, Auto, power steering,A/C, vinyl top, V8, Full hub caps., fender turn signals. 14" inch wheels ten inch brakes in the V8. 8 3/4 rear and sway bar was an option. My 69 four door V8 came with 5.5 wide rims, dog dish caps and redlines! It is on the fender tag. Factory A/C V8's came with that feature as standard, per the book! Factory A/C cars also had the 340 torsion bars, and radiator shroud. score! They are great cars!

The 69 came with a V8 no A/C. The car had 13 inch tires and wheels which i replaced with 14inch and dog dish hubcaps. I have the build sheet and the fender tag. I havent had the opportunity to decode either of them. No clue what rear end it has. I would assume its probably not the Sure Grip.
I use it as my daily driver in the summer. During the disassemly for the paint job every single bolt and screw came out like they were put there yesterday. First time ive ever had a completely rust free car. It originally came from the high plains area of Oregon.

It is always cool to see another 69' dart. My first daily driver was in 1975, a 69' GT. Countless customs after that. Now I have the 69' sedan, and a 340 GTS. They are still a lot of fun. Send me your fender tag, and I'll translate it for you.

Thanks i will try to send a picture of the fender tag. Looked at a dozen 1969 Darts over the past 25+ years. Finally found the right one. Not a rocket ship like some of the other muscle cars ive had but a nice driver.

I have a 72 4 door custom which has many options except a V8 and AC; cloth seats, carpet, remote mirror, map light, rear defroster, vinyl top, side body molding, fender turn signals; not sure it the steering wheel (kind of a 3 spoke with a horn button in each spoke) and wheel covers were options as well. Daily driver for me.

-
Back