Dart gas cap help

-

Longgone

John/68 Barracuda & Dart
Reaction score
I have a 68 Dart with a locking gas cap and NO key. Okay what can I do? When I get it off what diameter cap do I use, 3.25 inches, chrome , painted, or chrome with black handle? Straight handle or hurricane logo shape handle? Any help would be appreciated.

Don't quote me, but I'm pretty sure it takes the straight handle. I do know that you need a 70 & older cap as the others are different (from experience) LOL As far as pinted or chrome, I have found no ryme or reason as to which one. I couldn't find anyting on my build sheet to determine which one should be used so I'm going with personal preference (painted of course) LOL

Most darts left the factory with painted caps. so many were lost, Chrysler simply provided a chrome replacement, as did stant etc.

Most darts left the factory with painted caps. so many were lost, Chrysler simply provided a chrome replacement, as did stant etc.

Yeah the chrome would cover all the bases....gotcha! I`d like to get a painted one, but I`ve got to get this dumb locking one off first and get a measurement for the correct one.

Longgone I will look at the old home place I am almost certain I have the year cap you need. It should be the same as a 69 valiant it is gold color
I will get back at you after I check it out.

-
Back