Dart grille question

-

Frito Bandito

Reaction score
Did a certain model 70 dart come with this duster-esque looking grille? Sorry if this is a stupid question but it looks odd to me.

5Le5Kb5Hc3G53md3H7c9e2b8d57d3c20b1790.jpg

Welcome to FABO! I'm no expert, but a Plymouth Scamp has the same grill as a Duster and the body is very much like a Dart. The first year for the Scamp was 1971. I'm not sure if that car in your pic is a Scamp but it may be, as I don't think any Darts ever came with a Duster grill.

I'd say that's a Scamp since it has the same hood, fenders and bumper as a Duster

Welcome to FABO! I'm no expert, but a Plymouth Scamp has the same grill as a Duster and the body is very much like a Dart. The first year for the Scamp was 1971. I'm not sure if that car in your pic is a Scamp but it may be, as I don't think any Darts ever came with a Duster grill.

Thanks, I've been a lurker for a while and saw this car on cl and had to ask. Thanks for the info as well.

The front clips, doors, and rear deck lids will interchange between the Scamp and the Swinger. The VIN will tell you for sure what it is. If it starts with a V it is a Valiant and if it is an L it is a Dart.

The front clips, doors, and rear deck lids will interchange between the Scamp and the Swinger. The VIN will tell you for sure what it is. If it starts with a V it is a Valiant and if it is an L it is a Dart.

Thanks, this is very helpful.

Notice how the front fender have the larger side markers. Whereas the rear quarters have the thinner Dart style markers. My guess is car is a Dart the got in a wreck and somebody put a duster,valiant,or scamp front sheet metal on it.

-
Back