Dart GTS mag style hubcap ulturnative

-

jtkaaa07

BossMan
Reaction score
Guy's just wanted to post pics of what I did with a nice set of 68-69 charger hubcaps that I bought for $100 and wanted them to look like factory mag style GTS caps, I think they turned out pretty sweet, and a lot cheaper then the real ones. My new 68 is a 6 cylinder and I just wanted a cheap wheel cover to dress it up, without converting it all over to big bolt pattern.

IMG_4246.PNG

IMG_4245.JPG

IMG_4244.JPG

IMG_4247.PNG

wow, that is great....thanks for sharing.

that is some great thinking

wow, that is great....thanks for sharing.

that is some great thinking

Thank You!, yeah I allways thought those caps kind of resembled the GTS style mag hubcap, except for the red and widened out the black inside too! It's a little bit tedious, but worth it I think, there are alot of the cap's available on Ebay, thought maybe some else could use this idea after looking at prices of real ones, or the red stripe dog dishes!

Thank You!, yeah I allways thought those caps kind of resembled the GTS style mag hubcap, except for the red and widened out the black inside too! It's a little bit tedious, but worth it I think, there are alot of the cap's available on Ebay, thought maybe some else could use this idea after looking at prices of real ones, or the red stripe dog dishes!

Are the GTS caps hard to find?

Pricey? Whats a nice set of 4 go for?

depends on condition ...not too long ago I saw some NOS ones on ebay that went for $1600. for the 4 ...which really isn't bad for what they are and NOS ....used can go anywhere from there and down ...IF and big if you find nice ones without any road rash

depends on condition ...not too long ago I saw some NOS ones on ebay that went for $1600. for the 4 ...which really isn't bad for what they are and NOS ....used can go anywhere from there and down ...IF and big if you find nice ones without any road rash

X2, exactly, I had a buddy a couple years back that had a set of used, but extremely nice ones, and he was offered $600 and wouldn't take it. There is a beat up set on Ebay right now for $250, and there pretty beat!! Like I said, this is just a close enough alternative to the real thing, and personally, I can't stand dog dish cap's, so these were a great alternative.

Jeff

I have these... last picture shows only damage on the last one.

They are still dirty as I have never cleaned them

DSC01298.JPG

DSC01299.JPG

DSC01300.JPG

DSC01301.JPG

DSC01302.JPG

Last edited:
Yeah, those are pretty decent, I took 0000 steel wool and mothers chrome polish to mine, cleaned them right up!

I was going to put them on my Swinger but I think going to go with the original cover on the left. What are they worth?

DSC01239.JPG

I don't know, clean them up and check around on prices. The market determines the price, I just knew I wasn't paying 300-600 for a set of hubcap's, but that is only me.

Jeff

that cover on the left is what our gts came with from the factory,,,they look great as well!

-
Back